Johali's Rate the All-Star race

The winner won with a mcguyver'd window net. Im honestly shocked that that even happened. All the safety advancements the sport has made and we do THAT?

2 - what a joke. No way they should've let Blaney ride around with a window net like that from a safety perspective. Either don't throw a BS yellow or let him fix it and keep his position. Absolutely ridiculous but totally expected from the 70 IQ guys running NASCAR.

Withholding all of NASCAR’s BS. I’ve give the actual racing a 6. Some good stuff in the middle of the pack but pretty typical Texas. Doesn’t deserve to have two dates.

6/ they saved it in the end.

after the stage 1 stinker it got interesting a bit. But then the last caution, then the window net, then no post race coverage and in spite of screaming at the TV for Blaney, I can't in good faith rate this race any better. :(

tumblr_n8prufTfBG1snwcf6o1_400.gif

I'll go with a three.

TMS is ~20 minutes from my house. But, I worked earlier today, and I see the All-Star race as pointless. So, I didn't attend.

I'm so glad I didn't waste money or energy attending this joke... err, this race.

I was going to give it a 3 until that ridiculously unnecessary yellow. NASCAR has been stretching the logic of what constitutes a caution for well over a decade now, especially when races are dull, but they have been a lot better since the stages came along. But there's no way in hell they can justify throwing a yellow in that situation. A car in the back of the field scraping the wall a few seconds before the race was literally going to be over. I know it's the ASR and gimmicks are their thing, but sometimes entertainment just shouldn't surpass common sense.

Unless they are willing to reconfigure this track, they need to kick it off of the Cup schedule. It doesn't matter what gen car they run, it doesn't matter what package, the racing at Texas has been mediocre since 1997 and has only gotten worse. I don't understand why the Trucks can put on a good show here, yet Cup is always a snoozer.

Anyone know what the lowest rating we’ve ever given is? This may challenge that

1 because of the ongoing tire issue and the BS yellow. Glad Blaney won after the waste of time this race was.

Justin Thomas came from 7 stokes back to win a great 3-hole playoff over Will Zalatoris at the PGA Championship. Mito Pereira choked away a 4-stroke lead on the back nine, including a bogey on 18 that knocked him out of the title before turning into a double-bogey that left him out of the playoff. Good stuff.

I don't want to crap on the event cause it's redundant at this point, it's been bad for years but I think we can all admit they've done everything they can think of to at least try and make it better. It's probably time to just scrap it. There's nowhere they can take this event that would make it interesting to anyone anymore imo.

Maybe if it's done IROC style where they drive a totally different car. Have NASCAR build them and set them up to where literally all things are equal. Still don't know where you'd race though.

I was going to give it a 3 until that ridiculously unnecessary yellow. NASCAR has been stretching the logic of what constitutes a caution for well over a decade now, especially when races are dull, but they have been a lot better since the stages came along. But there's no way in hell they can justify throwing a yellow in that situation. A car in the back of the field scraping the wall a few seconds before the race was literally going to be over. I know it's the ASR and gimmicks are their thing, but sometimes entertainment just shouldn't surpass common sense.

Unless they are willing to reconfigure this track, they need to kick it off of the Cup schedule. It doesn't matter what gen car they run, it doesn't matter what package, the racing at Texas has been mediocre since 1997 and has only gotten worse. I don't understand why the Trucks can put on a good show here, yet Cup is always a snoozer.
easiest solution to fix bad tracks is to make the tri-oval the pit lane, and race on the old pit lane, turning it into a true oval.

Scott Miller is a piece of work.....To suggest that the window net appeared attached, so they dropped the flag insults anybody who is even a casual fan of this sport. They monitor the radios. They know what was being said. They knew, and they didn't care. Pathetic. Additionally, he threw the Race Director under the bus for throwing the caution.

I give the race a 7. Any race is better than no race....

Scott Miller is a piece of work.....To suggest that the window net appeared attached, so they dropped the flag insults anybody who is even a casual fan of this sport. They monitor the radios. They know what was being said. They knew, and they didn't care. Pathetic. Additionally, he threw the Race Director under the bus for throwing the caution.
This is how NASCAR operates. Make a major mistake, and instead of owning up to it, double down on it.

It's been that way since as long as I can remember. The people in the tower have massive egos and little brains to match. That's never a good combo.

Back
Top Bottom