Johali's Rate the Championship Cup race

7: While I'm happy my driver finally won a championship, after years of Dale Jr's career being Murphy's Law, I hate that the EAS interrupted the broadcast and forced me to switch to the MRN feed (thanks Eta), and this format

6, same with Charlie, I just could not get myself into the races this weekend, you would think I would with it being here, I love our race weekends.

Loved seeing Chase get a champ. trophy to set next to Pop’s but otherwise yawn.

I do give a 10 to whoever at HQ declined to tell them to mix in a late fabricated yellow to spice it up for TV.

9!

One thing I will say is I think the racing has changed at all levels quite a bit to be very “series champion” driven.

WoO is the same way, as is IndyCar and F1 anymore. Seems like once teams have no chance at a title in those series they kinda pack it in

4.9 Tough one to call. Everyone laying down for the big 4 is not really racing. Blaney pulling over for Jimmie is not racing.
Chase winning the championship is cool. He had a great year!

8.5 Good to see an Elliott in the winners circle..Cup Champion. I guess they rigged the race at Martinsville also the week before..some folks need their heads examined

Martinsville was the last real race. I don't know why Nascar can't just cut these guys loose in the finale? The champion does not always have to win the last race of the season. It's comical. He only has to beat 3 other guys. No-one will ever convince me the final 4 don't have some sort of massive mechanical or aero advantage to ensure a "good show" with only them running 1,2,3,4 all race long and then finishing that way. Comon man you know racing is more random than that.. there's no need for it.. it can't happen NATURALLY like that every year... fake

billelliot.jpg
Jimmie has left the building!

Martinsville was the last real race. I don't know why Nascar can't just cut these guys loose in the finale? The champion does not always have to win the last race of the season. It's comical. He only has to beat 3 other guys. No-one will ever convince me the final 4 don't have some sort of massive mechanical or aero advantage to ensure a "good show" with only them running 1,2,3,4 all race long and then finishing that way. Comon man you know racing is more random than that.. there's no need for it.. it can't happen NATURALLY like that every year... fake

As I said in my post, it’s more the nature of American racing today being all about a series title. It seems like teams take their foot off the gas when a title is no longer in sight

It really is a little odd that the final four always seem to stay 1-4. Chase is good for the sport, so it’s cool to see him win the playoff bracket.

I truly don’t know how to rate the race, felt like we were only allowed to see 4 cars... four is the number on my mind

4 it is

Tense, but it was obvious that it would come down to a mistake. 2 team blew their chance on pit road. There was organic drama on track in last run as 22 team for Joey out front, but Chase and he raced hard but clean and Chase prevailed. Way better finale than Homestead imho because we didn’t have to see the dreaded 550 neutered aero package. At least throttle response and driving mattered today.

Now, my heart’s rating is 10++++++, but...

10. Best car won. Congratulations to Chase Elliott, Chevy (yes, I said that), and all fans of the 9. Enjoy the offseason!
Thanks Rev. Your boy will be back to form next year. Already ready.

This was an excellent race among the four championship contenders. Some people want it to be just another race, rather than heavily focused on the championship, but that seems overly curmudgeonly to me (if that is even a word).

Congrats to Chase and the 9 team... well done.

I'm really disappointed for Brad K and the 2 team. It's tough to lose it *that* way. Slow pit stops have been a problem all year for these guys. So I'm bummed out, but still happy for Chase and his guys.

Thanks Rev. Your boy will be back to form next year. Already ready.

Truly happy for you man. Lots of long term pressure on Chase, and he freaking delivered. Soak it in.

MY Toyotas have some work to do, but I love it! This is the battle. It never ends....and as sweet as victory is, I also love the fight back. As hard as I am on Chevy, I am also happy for them. One hell of an investment this year, and it paid off. Good on them. A driver's championship--especially THIS driver, is big.

4 - the racing wasn't that good because the field backed off to let the four race for the championship, the field didn't want to affect the 4-cars race. I was cheering for Chase though.

With the way the final 4 finished 1-4 and the 48 in 5th you cant tell me everyone was giving 100% or had cars capable of giving 100%.

Maybe there was good racing outside the top 4, but the broadcast never covered it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've seen parades that were more exciting than this "race". Happy to see Chase get the championship though.

Back
Top Bottom