Johali's Rate the Cup race --- 600

8.5. Clean, fast, but there didn't appear to be much movement. It looked like a lot of guys finished where they were at lap 50. Maybe the I500 spoiled me.

8. for 600 standards that’s pretty good plus I really enjoyed it even though I’m not a fan of the package. Greatest day in Motorsports never disappoints

8. Great racing, competitive until the end honestly
0b021043ebf0b85a161ba3f0fb824166.jpg

5 I don't see how a near 11 second win and 330 laps led is entertaining. Not a lot of action
I don’t mind the 11 second lead, what I don’t like is the no-lift racing through the corners. In the unfortunate event that you are on the lead lap and run up on a multi-lap lapper and have to get out of the gas, you lose 10 car lengths and need two laps to regain your momentum.

It wouldn't be fair to NASCAR if I tried to rate any race that follows the Indy 500.

10. Best car and the fastest driver won. I will always support that.

Larson dominated yes, but not in the way Truex did. He was hounded a number of times as well as passed and only near the end did he just drive off. I also like that it was a clean race, yet with action throughout the field.

Best 600 I've seen in a long time.

Cars not owned by Hendrick have some work to do.

And someone will close it at some point, and that's what makes racing great.
I agree 100%, and chasing that benchmark is fun as hell! This is about Chevy being great....not MY Toyotas sucking. I can live with that...for now. Ford? I think that may be a different story.

8 - Really enjoyed the race, just the last stage was a bit underwhelming, but that five team nailed it.

I agree 100%, and chasing that benchmark is fun as hell! This is about Chevy being great....not MY Toyotas sucking. I can live with that...for now. Ford? I think that may be a different story.
ONE Ford driver won 9 races last year. More than any one competitor won in any other product.
That driver should’ve won the championship (again) were it not for a cartoon, reality-show playoff format.

ONE Ford driver won 9 races last year. More than any one competitor won in any other product.
That driver should’ve won the championship (again) were it not for a cartoon, reality-show playoff format.
All four cars in the final race deserved to be there. ;)

The Seattle Mariners had a 116 win season. Nobody cares. There is a reason.
Who do they drive for? Never heard of em. This isn’t stick n ball.
IMO, the guy with the best average finish on the year and the most wins is the only one that deserves to be Champion.
Common sense, not reality show entertainment.

Who do they drive for? Never heard of em. This isn’t stick n ball.
IMO, the guy with the best average finish on the year and the most wins is the only one that deserves to be Champion.
Common sense, not reality show entertainment.
That's fair, but we both know that if Harvick does what he was supposed to do, we aren't having this conversation. It isn't like the format screwed him. He screwed himself. That's sport.....stick/ball and/or other.

That's fair, but we both know that if Harvick does what he was supposed to do, we aren't having this conversation. It isn't like the format screwed him. He screwed himself. That's sport.....stick/ball and/or other.
Except….it ain’t stick n ball.
Dude outperformed everyone else for the entire year and wasn’t crowned Champion.
If you can’t see what’s wrong with that then I don’t know what to tell you.
It wasn’t like the average finish comparison was one or two spots away. It wasn’t like the “Champion” had two-thirds as many wins. Kevin outperformed everyone last year by a long shot. Denny actually outperformed the 9 also.

Dude outperformed everyone else for the entire year and wasn’t crowned Champion.
It wasn’t like the average finish comparison was one or two spots away. It wasn’t like the “Champion” had two-thirds as many wins. Kevin outperformed everyone last year by a long shot. Denny actually outperformed the 9 also.
I understand where you are coming from, and I might feel differently if something had happened at Phoenix. Fact is that he didn't get there. He had a huge advantage to do so, but failed. I cannot argue if you are looking for the old school way of doing this, but I can argue whether or not he deserved to be champion, and I don't think he did. My two cents.

I understand where you are coming from, and I might feel differently if something had happened at Phoenix. Fact is that he didn't get there. He had a huge advantage to do so, but failed. I cannot argue if you are looking for the old school way of doing this, but I can argue whether or not he deserved to be champion, and I don't think he did. My two cents.
We’ll agree to disagree.

I don’t mind the 11 second lead, what I don’t like is the no-lift racing through the corners. In the unfortunate event that you are on the lead lap and run up on a multi-lap lapper and have to get out of the gas, you lose 10 car lengths and need two laps to regain your momentum.
Yeah, NASCAR racing at 1.5 tracks is about 190+ on the front stretch, 150-160 in the corners on fresh tires. Not 179 all the way around.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No. He outperformed everyone for 26 races. Chase was MUCH better over the final 10 races. It's no different than 08 (Johnson wins under old format anyway, this coming from an Edwards fan)

20 years man. What you are saying doesn't matter and hasn't matter in almost 2 decades. It's laughable.

Winning 9 of 26, out performing the field for 26, having the best statistical averages doesn't mean crap. It doesn't crown a Champion and it doesn't define a champion. It gives said driver quite the advantage and boost into the final 4. 4 team couldn't get it done. He's notoriously failed when matched up against Hendrick cars when it matters.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom