Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Atlanta

2.2 because that number without the decimal decided the race and it was boring

5, It was pretty boring, I miss watching harvick out of the gas half way down the straight. Blaney winning was great though!

10. Best car won. I mean that. Watch the damn things to the end people. Hell of a job by Blaney and Gordon. That race was over....until it wasn't....and then it was. Solid day for MY Toyotas.

Great, organic finish can't mask that the other 90% of the race was a snooze fest. Atlanta is one of, if not THE most overrated tracks on the circuit. It produces Pocono levels of boredom. There, I said it. Take my NASCAR fan card away.

NASCAR needs to go back to the old package at Atlanta. The racing there hasn't been as good under the current package.

People always make such a big deal about the aerodynamic and horsepower package here, what’s more important is the configuration of the track.

Idc what you’re running, tri-ovals by and large do not produce the same kind of racing that other tracks do. Also we keep seeing non short tracks running that 750 HP package getting low ratings bc they need absurd amounts of clean air on the splitter to handle at those higher speeds making passing tough

Great, organic finish can't mask that the other 90% of the race was a snooze fest. Atlanta is one of, if not THE most overrated tracks on the circuit. It produces Pocono levels of boredom. There, I said it. Take my NASCAR fan card away.

I do not know if you have ever been to a live in person race at Atlanta, but, to me it is one of the best tracks on the circuit to see and feel the speed and sounds of these hotrods. I have sat all over the place there, my favorite spot is on the first row right when they have come off turn 4 and are full on the gas, exhilerating to say the least. BTW, from my seats there, I see all of pit road and the entire track.

5 - have no doubt the drivers love racing there, very challenging, but this package doesn't help. The old pavement forces drivers to measure how they attack it. Blaney's charge was great and surprising.

6 a pass with 10 laps left in the race was enough to overcome the lack of action during the rest of the race for me. I can only image the quality of race we would have see with a high hp package on an old, worn out track

I do not know if you have ever been to a live in person race at Atlanta, but, to me it is one of the best tracks on the circuit to see and feel the speed and sounds of these hotrods. I have sat all over the place there, my favorite spot is on the first row right when they have come off turn 4 and are full on the gas, exhilerating to say the least. BTW, from my seats there, I see all of pit road and the entire track.

I was just thinking that some of the angles I saw were completely badass...namely, the one you just described.

Reactions: sdj
10 - Blaney pulling that win out was huge for my bold prediction, keep these different winners every race coming. Hope McDowell is sweating bullets at night knowing he'll be on the outside looking in come playoff time! Lol

Back
Top Bottom