Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Atlanta

I think the Clash should be back @ Daytona but they race at Talladega & Atlanta a bit too much.

8, breaking my personal limit of 7 for plate races.

The lap 2 wreck could have happened on most ovals. The field is almost always still bunched up at that point.

There was some tire wear, and handling changed during a run.

As I said in the race thread, this was the best of the plate races since the end of the tandem era. It looked like the drivers were less reliant on having another car push, like they could pass unassisted on several occasions. That doesn't eliminate all my dislikes of plate racing but that's been one of my top three.

But what's the deal on that pit road???

Abstain.
Another wreckfest, just isn't the type of racing I enjoy. The end was exciting, but for me that doesn't make it a great race.

8.5. Fun race, had everything in it that makes me a fan of racing.

In an unprecedented score for a non-Toyota winner, I give it 250 gadzillion. I'm going 200 gadzillion for the winner...with a 50 gadzillion deduction for the winning manufacturer. However, I give the race a bonus of 100 gadzillion for Joey Logano's gloves. MY Toyotas were in the mix, but got beaten....I can live with that. This was everything a NASCAR race should be. Awesome!

10 - a rarely perfect score, especially for plate racing. Action and challenges from start to finish…and THAT FINISH!

In an unprecedented score for a non-Toyota winner, I give it 250 gadzillion. I'm going 200 gadzillion for the winner...with a 50 gadzillion deduction for the winning manufacturer. However, I give the race a bonus of 100 gadzillion for Joey Logano's gloves. MY Toyotas were in the mix, but got beaten....I can live with that. This was everything a NASCAR race should be. Awesome!
Great move to go 3 wide by KB on the final lap. Glad to see he still entertains you at least.

9.5. I miss the old Atlanta track but this race will for sure be one of those “classic nascar races” you will see for years to come.

Reactions: sdj
5. I respect the opinions of those that think the race was a 10. I’m just not a big fan of momentum style racing that features a lot of wrecks.

Back
Top Bottom