Johali's rate the Cup race --- Bristol dirt

8. I love dirt track racing and watching the moves everyone made. However, the suggestion they use dirt for the all-star, or some other race not awarding points, makes a lot of sense. Tossing in a points paying race in an entirely different format used one time is too gimmicky and smells like a 1948 P.T. Barnum carnival side show.
Couldn't agree more

3/10. If they want to run on dirt they should go to a dedicated dirt track. Bristol should stay paved.

He screwed up and admitted he drive over his head. He says he messed up, he was going for the win and couldn't make it stick. Walked over to Redick and apologized, and figures Redick owes him one. Both drivers were class acts in how they handled the situation and subsequent interview. Much better than the whining last week by the helmet wearing pugilist.

Loved it!
Judging by these low ratings, TV must have really screwed the pooch. (not counting the Bristol Dirt haters club)
The action was all over the track with quality passes every lap.
Qudos to NASCAR for sticking it out. I thought for sure after heading under the bleachers for the second time that the race was going to be called.
It was a great weekend and a great event!!!
#makethefallracedirttoo

Reactions: sdj
I like both Reddick and Briscoe but really wanted Reddick to get his first win and he deserved that one. Unfortunately "Reddick owes him one" accomplishes nothing and I don't see him doing that anyway.

Taking a pavement Bristol race away for dirt? Doesn't make sense to me from a viewer standpoint.Stands looked kind of empty.

Finally managed to watch the race.
This event is here to stay, if not at Bristol then at another dirt track.
A bit of a mess at times but a great show overall. Hated the result for Reddick, he's due for a win.

He screwed up and admitted he drove over his head. He says he messed up, he was going for the win and couldn't make it stick. Walked over to Redick and apologized, and figures Redick owes him one. Both drivers were class acts in how they handled the situation and subsequent interview. Much better than the whining last week by the helmet wearing pugilist.

At this level of racing that is unacceptable.

Relax lol dude sent it for the win. Jimmie Johnson did that at the Roval a few years ago

That's all fine and good, but its still
Bull ****.gif
on both counts.

I'm still trying to get some of the hate toward this race. Not sure if it's because some people just don't like dirt racing and will knock it every time. Or they saw something I didn't see. Jeff Gluck's poll got low numbers too.

I have been an asphalt fan all of my life and I am partail, but I think it was a very good race last Saturday night. I also think considering the weather Nascar did a good job of getting in a race for the full advertised distance.

Good natural late race drama too without a caution messing it up.

Back
Top Bottom