Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Bristol

7 I guess. It looked like good racing with 2 lanes but it was borderline impossible to pass, there was no tire falloff till they blew, and way too many tire and parts failures to break up the action.

7. All the storylines and it’s nice to see reliability be a factor again in NASCAR, feels like the early 2000s! Still, these cars painfully lack HP on the short tracks. Really need 800 HP out there to make it work, especially with the banking here

These cars put on stink racing at short tracks. That and more "junk parts" failures.

19 winners on the season and 2 new and non-playoff winners in the first round is unprecedented. However this wasn't on the edge of my seat for 300 laps bristol. It raced like a tiny version of a bad speedway.

9. Happy for the winner and was entertained by all the crazy happenings.

7 - Agree with others who saw the issues with passing, the challenges that made this look unlike previous Bristol races. Still had good racing, the drama of breakdowns making it a potential race of attrition, and the cut off factor impacting the “playoffs”.

I wonder how many times they have ripped up the track at Bristol because of a supposed lack of passing.

I wonder how many times they have ripped up the track at Bristol because of a supposed lack of passing.
Show us the stats from all the times someone would enter low and nose ahead in the middle of a corner and then be passed back by the guy on the top on corner exit, counting for two passes in the data, but not actually completing one. To clear someone took 10+ laps and the drivers all agreed it was hard to pass but it’s still “supposed”

Show us the stats from all the times someone would enter low and nose ahead in the middle of a corner and then be passed back by the guy on the top on corner exit, counting for two passes in the data, but not actually completing one. To clear someone took 10+ laps and the drivers all agreed it was hard to pass but it’s still “supposed”
Passes are counted at the start/finish line only. Hope that helps

Passes are counted at the start/finish line only. Hope that helps
09B9E78C-5B18-49F3-A3F1-B092092ADE87.png

They are counted at every scoring loop. Of which there are more than one.

My Son and I are trying to pick a race to fly in to see. The camera work today really portrayed the feeling of speed at Bristol. It’s at the top of our list right now.

I thought it was an 8. Drivers had to really work to make a pass. Kind of reminded me of old school Bristol. I know some are up in arms about the passing or lack thereof, I found the reliability of the car to be a bit more egregious. Lots of steering problems and tire issues.... many strange issues. While not the most exciting Bristol race of recent memory its also wasnt the worst.

Back
Top Bottom