Johali's Rate the Cup race --- COTA

Overall, 7.5. However, this race had an exceptional final lap and one worthy of a 10 if it only involved the last three laps. Disappointed for being a road race but a finish reminiscent of the Ricky Rudd, Davey Allison dust up many years ago. Ross Chastain is someone to be reckoned with. Great job, decent race, fantastic finish.

Reactions: sdj
Minus 100, I can't believe Chastain didn't get penalized for taking out my man Dinger. :p:D;)
Why? Looked more like Bowman was in that mix as well, last lap, Chastain had proven all race long he had the fastest car and was turning qualifying lap times at the end. Rest assured, Almendinger would have taken out Chastain if it was the other way around. Dinger made his move too early, Chastain capitalized on Bowman's aggressive driving when going for the win and used his head and did what any good race driver would have done to win. I want a guy like Chastain, Almendinger or Bowman driving my car and being aggressive.

Why? Looked more like Bowman was in that mix as well, last lap, Chastain had proven all race long he had the fastest car and was turning qualifying lap times at the end. Rest assured, Almendinger would have taken out Chastain if it was the other way around. Dinger made his move too early, Chastain capitalized on Bowman's aggressive driving when going for the win and used his head and did what any good race driver would have done to win. I want a guy like Chastain, Almendinger or Bowman driving my car and being aggressive.
Dude how many emojis do I need to put after a post? I'm kidding. :p ;)🤣 But jeez he was so close winning ...lol

7. A bit too caution heavy for me, they need to be able to switch to single file restarts or something here. 40 cars on a giant technical road course is a recipe for a lot of cautions. That end though was epic, reminded me of some of the Watkins Glen finishes we've seen

Is it just me or have you noticed Bowman has been a little more aggressive since KDB accused him of backing into his wins? I have always felt Alex played a little to nice and needed to get a little more aggressive. I'm loving what I'm seeing out of him this year. I also think he has jelled pretty good with this new car so far.

Dude how many emojis do I need to put after a post? I'm kidding. :p ;)🤣 But jeez he was so close winning ...lol

I asked for that and to be honest, I really dunno how many might have worked to get my attention. Some of us are more alert than others. and today it is my turn to be inattentive. (walks away shaking head, kicking small stones)

Sorry lol I'm a dirt racing guy as well. Grew up with them doing this all the time

We went to watch a Super Late Model Race at 4-17 in Punta Gorda, Fla. There were several support classes there, but, when the Bomber class started 2 wide for the 6th time wihout completeing a lap, (seems all the bombers from row 5 back had not brakes going into one, LOL, it was hillarious). So the flgman, a big SOB, came down out of the flag stand and got all over that ass, then he started them single file and the race had no more cautions.

Back
Top Bottom