Johali's Rate the Cup race --- COTA

6.5 wreckfest at the end killed it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The best car/driver won today.
Poor track management, I hope they make adjustments next year to keep the dirt off the track.

So hard to rate...was an 8 or 9, but then the sthi show with the cautions caused by the drivers. Very disappointing

I will go with a 3.

No number high enough. Tyler Reddick is the man. Dominated. Hell yes!!!!! Over the moon!!!!!! **** yes!!!!!

7. The late race BS was a -2 point for me, would have been a 9. I do like the races without stages and thought it flowed well until... well you know. I always hope they race at COTA, fun track.

Excellent race / racing. Fault some of the drivers for the childish nonsense at the end(s).

Like others, I was gonna go a little higher but had to knock off a little bit for the late race silliness.

7, the 3 GWC ****show bringing it down, still don't care for this track, but man, that was some damn good racing between 1st/2nd battling it out so cleanly.

8. Would have been a 9.9 until the Turn 8 dirt caution. Would have been a 6.5 if Reddick hadn't been able to hang on.

7. Just end the races with a caution or allow only one restart
Yes. The end seemed to just drag on. I was watching with family and finally gave up and went home before what ended up being the real final restart.. fine on short tracks for example, but they really need to limit the GWC attempts at least on road courses and maybe superspeedways. Damn good race until that.

Good racing till the 2nd & 3rd GWC...
Agreed. What particularly pissed me off is that they could have let Tyler take the White on both of them. Nobody was in danger. End it....but on the bright side, we were able to witness incredible communication between Billy and Tyler as they kept improving his restarts with the SMT data. Just ****** awesome to listen to that.

Seriously, if we are gonna have road races, then road race, don't demolition derby it. NASCAR just isn't designed for that track. Its designed for F1 and Indy car where they have to drive without hitting each other like that. Pathetic. My kids can do what we saw yesterday.

Reactions: Bob
2. And that's generous. Road Courses have devloved into an inevitable (and usually questionable) caution to give a GWC or final dash late, which results in guys just sending it like a bowling ball and taking out a bunch of cars. DW had the simple solution: single file restarts on RCs. And NASCAR's management at end was comical. That track is long enough that you could wait til leader took white then throw caution. Period. Thankfully the best car and driver won in the end.

10. The overtimes were embarrassing for the sport but still 10

2. And that's generous. Road Courses have devloved into an inevitable (and usually questionable) caution to give a GWC or final dash late, which results in guys just sending it like a bowling ball and taking out a bunch of cars. DW had the simple solution: single file restarts on RCs. And NASCAR's management at end was comical. That track is long enough that you could wait til leader took white then throw caution. Period. Thankfully the best car and driver won in the end.
I was thinking the same thing about single file restarts.

There was a certain point where I wish they would've just let Reddick take the white then throw caution. He earned that win a dozen different ways yesterday.

I was just glad William Byron and Kyle Busch didn't wreck Tyler Reddick. Byron probably would've punted him last year.

Back
Top Bottom