Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Dover, #1

7. Good racing for the win.

Also, something really stood out today. I know a lot of Chase fans like to bash Allen, but he's a GOOD CC. He's absolutely the most reliable CC at HMS in terms of making impactful adjustments. Outside of the 48 (who only got a little bit worse before only getting a little bit better), Chase was the only HMS car that got noticeably better as the race went on after going in the wrong direction..

Bowman was **** all day, Byron shouldn't even have been out there and got worse. Just a really really well executed top 5 run there for the 9 bunch. That's the kind of race and execution that will win you championships. Executing when you don't have a winning car. These kind of races are more important to a young star like Chase than the dominant wins like Daytona roval imo. You learn to turn 10th to 15th place days into top 5s, and you learn to turn 5th to 7th place days into stealing wins, which is something Hendrick drivers seem to do. If I was a Chase fan, I'd be stoked by that run..

Also, Byron and Knaus need to end. It seems almost toxic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

saving their stuff for tomorrow,
so only hamlin and truex were 100%,
ban the 2x weekends.

6. At least it wasn’t a clean air package fest.

It literally was. Did you not see the leaders hit a wall of air as they encountered lap traffic. Truex could not get around Almirola because the dirty air was too much for him on the bottom.

This is what irritates me, so many times in 2018 guys would dominate a race, have a so-so pit stop, and then get buried because they couldn’t do anything without clean air. The theory for high downforce was to be able to run multiple lines at all tracks so you wouldn’t be as affected by the turbulence

Really can't go higher than 6

It literally was. Did you not see the leaders hit a wall of air as they encountered lap traffic. Truex could not get around Almirola because the dirty air was too much for him on the bottom.

This is what irritates me, so many times in 2018 guys would dominate a race, have a so-so pit stop, and then get buried because they couldn’t do anything without clean air. The theory for high downforce was to be able to run multiple lines at all tracks so you wouldn’t be as affected by the turbulence
Truex couldn’t move where the lapped traffic wasn’t. Denny had zero problem.

7, I liked it. Cars were slipping and sliding and not all bunched up behind a wall of air

Truex couldn’t move where the lapped traffic wasn’t. Denny had zero problem.

That's why the race was a 10. Hamlin dominated at his worst track. When he is like this, he is unbeatable.

MarkMartin6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom