Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Indy

I honestly don't know. Snoozer for the first half. Byron and my pick-em guy taken out in the same crash. Strategy made it a bit more exciting, but also confusing. Then the shenanigans happened, that seem to happen nearly every race that turns it into a clown show.

All that said, I'll go with a 4.

6. Entertaining race despite the buffoonery.

wow, stuff crowd.
10 for the race
10 just for the past Kyle put on dennis.
10 its always a 10 when Kyle wins

Really happy with the outcome. But to rate it?

Larson passed a lot of cars with some IndyCar - Like moves in stage 3 against other drivers.

Outside of that run, passing towards the front seemed very minimal and faster cars seemed to get stuck. Factoring in the long red flag, I give it a 5.

I think there's a lot of room for improvement and big-time promise for next year though. Teams and drivers will look at data from the 5 team during stage 3 today and will figure out that attacking corners and setting up passes like they're at a road course is the best way to race here at Indy - outbraking. It's no coincidence that the best road racer in NASCAR had his best oval race yesterday in the Xfinity series.

Guys will start attacking turns 1 and 3 as road course like passing zones next year imo, and the racing will be great

3, would have given a 5 but I had dvrd the race and NBC decided i shouldn't be able to watch overtime.

Reactions: sdj

Maybe (probably) more horsepower and softer tires would have helped, but it was pretty much what I expected

Generally, love Indy, on the big track, not the road course.... but due to the finish, a big fat ZERO!

And I think Larson is the best driver on the circuit right now... but the way this one rolled, he did not deserve it.

Generally, love Indy, on the big track, not the road course.... but due to the finish, a big fat ZERO!

And I think Larson is the best driver on the circuit right now... but the way this one rolled, he did not deserve it.
why??:idunno:he did all the laps and got there first

Really wanted to see that play out with the 6-12-5 battle at the end but KFB gonna KFB and of course it became a clown show.

Larson passed a lot of cars in the final stage, it was great stuff.

I just got home and watched the highlights. I cannot believe that finish for the life of me. At first I was in awe that NASCAR didn't throw the caution for Preece coming to the white. There is zero controversy if they throw that yellow. A yellow there is what NASCAR has done in every single race they officiate in every series until today.

Then I realized WHY they did that... Larson the winner... at Indy. Total. ******. Sham.

Like others, I'm conflicted on this one.

The first stage and half of the second were a bores. At the halfway point, I was ready to give it a 5 or 6.

I started enjoying it when the fuel strategies began to develop, although I understand this isn't everyone's cup of Sunoco. By the Busch yellow, I'd upgraded to an 8.

Then NASCAR mismanaged the last of the race. I've also decided I'm going to start knocking off a point for each GWC cycle.

So 5 is my final score. As noted in the race discussion, it had the same (lack of) competition issues as the oval races in the late 2010s, and reminded those who had forgotten why the decision was made to run the road course in the first place. Still, it was better than a plate race.

I absolutely hate fuel mileage races with a passion.
And a big fat KISS MY ASS to NBC for cutting to USA for a
Bull ****.gif
news story at the very end of the race.

10. The magic of Indy is back. Don't ever go back to the road course. Ever.

7.5. Beginning and I thought this was gonna be a snoozer. Things picked up and strategy played a major role making things a lot more interesting and racing with passing came into play. If the first segment had not been so boring would have graded it higher.

5. I wish I could give a better rating as I want this race to succeed. The clown show at the end was disappointing. I admit I hate overtime but I’m sure even those who like it would like to see things cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom