Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Indy

Somebody is not using their head. There are 20 days left before the next race, Topics are hard to find. Got to let the threads run wild a bit IMO. Rate the race stuff was about dead, most had done their rating.

5 would have been a little higher but I can't take two weeks in a row of that type of strategy racing
I really enjoy strategic racing but yeah, there should be more weeks between these two tracks. It was 'worse' when Pocono had two dates along with Indy.

I know there's a large contingent who think we already have too many road course races but I'd sure love to see Pocono try the infield. The sight lines for the attendees would be better. Maybe if Indy goes to alternating, Pocono could do the same?

Have to wait and see but it's better than guys running around part throttle trying to save fuel
Races are won by the driver who completes the required distance in the least amount of time.

Fuel strategy is involved in every event that can’t be completed on one tank of gas.

Races are won by the driver who completes the required distance in the least amount of time.

Fuel strategy is involved in every event that can’t be completed on one tank of gas.
And most but not all fuel strategy comes into play the last stage of the race. We all know that drivers instinctively save fuel the whole race, it's hammered in their DNA. The gerbs are way overboard trying to figure out fuel strategy. It's a new thing they have come up with and quite boring IMO. Everybody has to pit once at least in the final stage. Larson was off sequence because of a loose wheel. They had no idea how much fuel he had, they were worried that he used it all gassing thru the field.

As long as tires don't last as long as fuel it should be ok
Look at Darlington. The tires degrade, the drivers slow to nurse them around, and the driver and crew chief decide when to come in. Otherwise, if the tire gives out before the fuel is gone, it usually results in a wreck and a caution.

I’d always rather see drivers be grip-limited than fuel-limited.
I'm happy either way. If there's no requirement to use each compound at least once, I look forward to having multiple tire types available.

But I really dislike telling teams they must use each tire type. The officials don't tell them they have to make one run with only half a fuel load; or that they have to drive 20% of the race with a set of specific chassis settings and then change them for the rest; or that they have to run part of the race with the power steering disabled. Tire choices shouldn't be required to be managed any differently.

Give the teams options, not requirements.

I'm happy either way. If there's no requirement to use each compound at least once, I look forward to having multiple tire types available.

But I really dislike telling teams they must use each tire type. The officials don't tell them they have to make one run with only half a fuel load; or that they have to drive 20% of the race with a set of specific chassis settings and then change them for the rest; or that they have to run part of the race with the power steering disabled. Tire choices shouldn't be required to be managed any differently.

Give the teams options, not requirements.
Burns me up when Nascar made them all come in at the same time to put wets on. At least they let them run whatever after that. I think they over stepped their bounds doing that.

Zero due to the ending.

Don't know why they don't go ahead and just make this track a restrictor plate race, as it has always been boring as **** (even the Indy 500 is a snooze these days).
Honestly, this. Restrict the cars to Freedom 100 levels and watch the chaos ensue

Back
Top Bottom