Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Martinsville

For the TV entertainment it was what nascar and the networks want

My take on it... 5/10

good racing for the lead at the beginning, but then all that I recall is the #4 cars battle somewhere in mid pack. TBH we didn’t even watch the leader much in the closing laps, so it seemed like Chase whooped em’

I'm just glad Chase won his way in and it wasn't on points. Let everyone else argue the rest.

The actually racing , solid 9

Watching cars be able to use different methods to pass other cars was fun. Fun to see the close racing.

A real cliffhanger. I'm not in love with the elimination playoff system, but it worked as intended today... a legitimate 4-hour long "game 7 moment." Great performance by the 9. Gritty recovery by the 2 after the speeding penalty.

And once again, when the pressure was on and the risk of elimination was greatest, Kevin F* Harvick showed his true character... a genuine douche canoe serial dirty driver. I doubt Nascar will suspend him, but they should.

It was an exciting race. Great save by Elliot's crew member. Who would have thought Harvick's car would not be competitive.

A real cliffhanger. I'm not in love with the elimination playoff system, but it worked as intended today... a legitimate 4-hour long "game 7 moment." Great performance by the 9. Gritty recovery by the 2 after the speeding penalty.

And once again, when the pressure was on and the risk of elimination was greatest, Kevin F* Harvick showed his true character... a genuine douche canoe serial dirty driver. I doubt Nascar will suspend him, but they should.

Gibbs needs fined too then & penalties to the 11 & 20 teams

9 for a great Martinsville race. I do acknowledge and agree with criticism of this BS playoff system, though. That said, Harvick had practically the easiest road ever to the final 4 and managed to blow it, so no sympathy here.

One of the least exciting Martinsville races in quite some time

9.6 It's sad that some can rate the playoff format or their favorite driver's loss or the gerbils in the booth instead of the quality of the racing. This was a great race and certainly doesn't rate any 0's or 1's. I don't think that's what Johali had in mind for these threads. RATE THE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Says that right in the thread title). And nobody cares if you're not going to watch next week or next year or the rest of your life!!!

9.6 It's sad that some can rate the playoff format or their favorite driver's loss or the gerbils in the booth instead of the quality of the racing. This was a great race and certainly doesn't rate any 0's or 1's. I don't think that's what Johali had in mind for these threads. RATE THE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Says that right in the thread title). And nobody cares if you're not going to watch next week or next year or the rest of your life!!!
Agreed and I've always voted as if all cars were unsponsored, unnumbered, and driven by robots so there is no bias. This race was below average for Martinsville for me

It was the most exiting race I have saw all year and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time watching Harvick trying to get back in. I do feel bad for the # 4 team though. Maybe next year. Excitement level was a 10 for sure.

9 on the racing, bump it to a 10 with the drama caused by the playoffs.

8.5 on the race and CONGRATS CHASE! Now, I hate it for Harvick. My suggestion for over a year + to NASCAR is to award the regular season champion a spot in the championship finale, and let the "playoffs" racing determine the other 3 spots. That way the points leader actually wins something for their "regular season championship" beyond a trophy and title that nobody remembers.

Back
Top Bottom