Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Martinsville

9 , Very good race.

7. Too many cautions, flat ending. Good racing when the green was out.

Only penalized a point for NASCAR attempting to run it in rain last night.

Settled it in house! Loved it! Hell yes! 10. Easy.

How can you say flat ending when there was a hard fought pass for the lead scant laps from the finish?
A Gordon vs Johnson or Truex vs Logano type finish is a non flat ending. Truex won by over 2 seconds.

A Gordon vs Johnson or Truex vs Logano type finish is a non flat ending. Truex won by over 2 seconds.
MTJ made the pass for the lead with basically 4 to go. Plus, they raced side by side while weaving through lapped traffic for like 3 or 4 laps. That’s a nail biter in my book. Not every race can end with a drag race to the finish line.

MTJ made the pass for the lead with basically 4 to go. Plus, they raced side by side while weaving through lapped traffic for like 3 or 4 laps. That’s a nail biter in my book. Not every race can end with a drag race to the finish line.
Truex led the final 16 laps according to racing reference. And yes, not every race can end like that. The fact that this one didn't have a classic finish, combined with the fact that it ran over 4 hours due to the caution after caution in stage 3, is why this is a 7 to me and not a 9 or 10. It was a pretty good race, but had lots of room to improve.

Truex led the final 16 laps according to racing reference. And yes, not every race can end like that. The fact that this one didn't have a classic finish, combined with the fact that it ran over 4 hours due to the caution after caution in stage 3, is why this is a 7 to me and not a 9 or 10. It was a pretty good race, but had lots of room to improve.
Error in my post, supposed to say 14 to go. Still, my sentiment remains the same.

All races would be better with only 30 cars in the race. 31 to 44 or who ever shows up could race for 30 laps to see who makes the main event as number 31.

Back
Top Bottom