Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Martinsville

I will say this....The Next Gen is taking a ton of **** for what happened last night, but let's be fair....the temperatures were ridiculous, thus the tire wear was crazy...and the racing was single groove as a result.

I will say this....The Next Gen is taking a ton of **** for what happened last night, but let's be fair....the temperatures were ridiculous, thus the tire wear was crazy...and the racing was single groove as a result.
Air temperature shouldn't make or break a race. If it does, it means something on the car needs work

What's your solution, built in tire warmers?
More narrow tires so that there is less mechanical grip, for starters. Higher horsepower would also result in more throttle play, increasing chances for passes and further increasing tire wear.

Air temperature shouldn't make or break a race. If it does, it means something on the car needs work
Yeah, but it does impact tire performance.....all tire performance....even on the street.....summer tires don't work in the winter conditions--and I am only talking about air temp.

I recorded this one and watched it Sunday night. It was definitely not the best Martinsville race ever. Some tire wear definitely would have helped, both from a tire management aspect and from helping bring in a second groove.

Still, I liked that the new car stood up to a lot of beating and banging. Cars were able to continue and even be competitive after contact that would have sent the old car to the pits and maybe even brought out a caution. And when's the last time we saw green flag stops and pit strategy calls at M'ville?

Good runs by RCR and 23XI. Chastain pulled off another top 10. Austin Dillon is another driver who's benefited from the new car.

I don't factor the broadcast into my race rating but I really enjoyed the discussion of final-stage pit strategy, the pros and cons of whether to come in early or halfway, or stay out as long as possible.

Yuck... 3

Chad Knaus was correct, bring back the minimum ground clearance and get rid of the bump stops.

6, and feel that is generous. For a Martinsville race, it was b-o-r-i-n-g. Luckily they had a debris caution to tighten things up but teven that didn't help. And those gree- white checkered finishes are getting to be the norm and almost seem artificial at times. Sure hope things improve for these teams by fall or all the excitement expected watching short tracks will be wasted effort. (walks away shaking head and mumbling, wtf was that???)

Back
Top Bottom