Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Phoenix

6 It just didn't do it for me. Might have been better without the track treatment

7 no bias of course.

8 and I'm not giving extra points just because Truex won. :laugh: One of the best races I've seen at Phoenix.

Reactions: sdj
10. Great racing. Truex goes from mid pack because Small made a great adjustment, and Martin drove the **** out of it. Big win. Straight up. Everything NASCAR should be. Best car won.

I can give it an 8. It wasn't a keep me on the edge of my seat like Las Vegas was but it had it's moments.

7 I wish they had ran all three series, both of these races were pretty lackluster. Phoenix could hold 6 wide Truck racing.

7.7, at least a good points day for some.

** sigh **

Finally, we get a race with handling, braking, off-throttle time, accelerating... actual race car driving... and most R-F fans yawn with boredom because they want more wrecking, more cars in the wall and on fire. What is the incentive for Nascar management to produce hard-nosed, skill-based racing when "avid fans" react this way?

My rating for an actual contest of driving skill = 10.

Finally, we get a race with handling, braking, off-throttle time, accelerating... actual race car driving... and most R-F fans yawn with boredom because they want more wrecking, more cars in the wall and on fire
Actual race car driving doesn't need a traction compound to improve passing. Even with it the organic passing was minimal when taking into account the plethora if opportunities this track *should* offer.

At least NASCAR stayed out of the way, but a caution would have been justified for Custer's debris.

If that race was not worth a 10 then you should watch something else, cause ain't nothing going to please you. Passing, car control, time off and on throttle, side by side racing throughout. Best Race so far this year of actual racing. :booya:
I enjoyed the race a lot, for all the reasons you mentioned. But to me, a 10 is probably a once every ten years event and it's probably gonna need a bush/craven type finish. An 8 is a very high rating on my scale.

Back
Top Bottom