Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Phoenix

Drivers weren't kidding. This package is worse than it was

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. And that includes a +1 at least for the fastest car winning. The only saving grace. Awful, awful package and track combo.

2.5, Phoenix is rivaling Texas for worst track on the circuit. It’s horrible 3 laps or more after a restart.

7. Started off great, a huge lull in the second stage and then a bit more racey in the 3rd. I liked it, hard to pass but strategic excellence and pit road cohesion put a premium on track position. I’d rather have that than have Atlanta 36 times a year.

Wasn't a classic but not a disaster either. There were some positives It had some
comers and goers, tire degradation, and some long green runs.

7. I dropped and damaged my phone this morning. The races were good company while set up the replacement.

Fast as hell at the sport's most significant track (given this is where the championship is won)? 999 gadzillion. W.

7. I guess I'm just a DARF as the race held my attention and I enjoyed it.

7.0 Seemed a bit boring once they got past the start and restarts. Kudos to the 20 team. They raced hard and deserved the win.

I don't get the "no passing" comments.

Bell went from 20th to 1st during the last green flag run of about 90 laps
Blaney went from19th to 5th
Kez 12 to 4
Gibbs 10 to 3
1st time that new package had been tried out at Phoenix in racing conditions also. Some teams were able to hit the setup and some needed to jack up the car and drive another one under it.

3.5...only a GWC finish would make Phoenix exciting. I have a feeling we won't be seeing the last race of the season here for much longer.

Kez 12 to 4
Gibbs 10 to 3

They were passing people on older tires though. Most cars on equal tires couldn't pass much.

Kez 12 to 4
Gibbs 10 to 3

Thank you, the best cars moved through the field. I could not tell any difference between the Xfinity racing and Sunday

Back
Top Bottom