Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Pocono, No. 1

That ending doesn't happen if you don't have to be half a second faster to even attempt making a pass. Being aero tight for 15 laps sure will wear down a right front.

8, one of the better Pocono races , I wasnt expecting it with the package.

Heck of a race! 9.

Fabulous race. 9.

As a NASCAR race I'll give it a 7, actually quite a bit a drama due to differing strategies and such. Only the final pit sequences and then the last restart would determine for sure who the final players would be and even then there was still plenty of suspense until Larson finally got around him. And then, well...

(If just judging it against most other Pocono races it would be a 9)

Of course a 10. Great last 20 laps, great being at the venue with old friends (you can't make old friends) who now for the first time one of our grandkids was there, stayed the whole race and no crying or complaining. As for the four-year old, she didn't either. :) Come to find out she goes to a local dirt track once or twice a month. Not a complete rookie.

Big crowd, lots of fun, exciting finish...having been there for the 200-lappers many times, yeah 130-140 is about right. Memorable day. There are better tracks but there weren't any yesterday.

Of course a 10. Great last 20 laps, great being at the venue with old friends (you can't make old friends) who now for the first time one of our grandkids was there, stayed the whole race and no crying or complaining. As for the four-year old, she didn't either. :) Come to find out she goes to a local dirt track once or twice a month. Not a complete rookie.

Big crowd, lots of fun, exciting finish...having been there for the 200-lappers many times, yeah 130-140 is about right. Memorable day. There are better tracks but there weren't any yesterday.
How aware were you, your friends and people around you of the fuel strategy/situation? Glad you enjoyed, bummed I wasnt home to go this weekend.

How aware were you, your friends and people around you of the fuel strategy/situation? Glad you enjoyed, bummed I wasnt home to go this weekend.
Do you mean today or yesterday? We didn't go today. The TV broadcast was pretty good describing the fuel situation today.

Yesterday nobody in our group had a radio and the car noise drowned out the broadcast on site. It looked like Larson was going to walk home but when I saw YT highlights you could see that tire down to the rim coming out of 2.

Do you mean today or yesterday? We didn't go today. The TV broadcast was pretty good describing the fuel situation today.

Yesterday nobody in our group had a radio and the car noise drowned out the broadcast on site. It looked like Larson was going to walk home but when I saw YT highlights you could see that tire down to the rim coming out of 2.
Apologies. I didn’t realize I was in the Pocono No 1 thread. Thought your post was in reference to today’s race.

Reactions: Bob
Apologies. I didn’t realize I was in the Pocono No 1 thread. Thought your post was in reference to today’s race.
No worries, I thought you meant today but you raise a great question.

Back
Top Bottom