Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Road America

With 3rd place being 21 seconds back, I just prefer more competition than what there was in this race.

The pylon showed some racing for position back in the pack. NBC could have done a better job of showing it. Still better than Fox would have done.

6.5 - these cars are not meant for road courses or shorts tracks. They need to take away the brakes and get rid of the diffuser.

4. One-two less road course races a year please

Not sure what y'all low ballers were watching.

It was text book racing righteousness. Reddick stalked a Elliott who is a great RC driver probabaly the current best, and he wore him down to make a clean pass. It's so great to see the racing science on display without the BS. Nothing better than seeing drivers working the track and equipment and letting the track come to them, that's the skill I respect the most.

There were no late race garbage cautions that polluted the finish.
Organically it was everything I would want in a race.

Awesome winner but I'd like to go back to 2 road races a year. Rarity gives things value, over saturation does the opposite.
All of a sudden, Sonoma and Watkins Glen don't feel as unique. And the road course win totals just doesn't feel quite the same.

How many would Stewart and Gordon have, if they had 6 road course races per year?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6...certainly nothing that inspired me to go back to Road America or get excited about the next race there.

Not sure what y'all low ballers were watching.

It was text book racing righteousness. Reddick stalked a Elliott who is a great RC driver probabaly the current best, and he wore him down to make a clean pass. It's so great to see the racing science on display without the BS. Nothing better than seeing drivers working the track and equipment and letting the track come to them, that's the skill I respect the most.

There were no late race garbage cautions that polluted the finish.
Organically it was everything I would want in a race.
I agree, and I will go 9.5. Reddick is a just winner and raced for it....while Chase dominated. Great racing this weekend IMO....even though WE got our asses kicked again.

Jeez Louise, you guys are a tough crowd. To me, this was an epic battle for the win between the current Cup roadracing maestro and a talented, aggressive young hotshoe going for his first Cup victory. It was a knife fight between the two that stretched over two tanks of fuel and two sets of tires. It was a righteous contest of skill, and to win it, Reddick had to drive flatout the entire 3rd stage without putting a wheel seriously out of place.

It was a privilege to watch. My rating: 9.5.

There could have been a few more cars in the mix, that would be even better. But it only takes two to put on a great race. I'll take this any day over bumper-to-bumper pack racing artificially created by restrictor plates and WFO flatfoot driving around waiting for The Big One.

4 - Glad to see Reddick win. Race sucked. Too many road courses.

Loved the post race, when Daugherty commented that "some guy" took you out in Bristol....Reddick had a very awkward look on his face. He so wants what Briscoe did to be okay, but it isn't. I'm just glad that it didn't cost him a playoff spot. The kid is good....and taught himself road course racing. Great story. One year left with RCR....WE absolutely have to expand......Hmmmmmmm........

7! NASCAR really needs to make adjustments with road course racing rules though, no stage breaks and single file restarts are needed badly. Natural strategies are what allows IndyCar to put on a great RC series weekly

8 - I was not on here, but I enjoyed watching it. The quality of the field really showed up and the racing as spaced out as it was, at times it was really good. Also, we got a pretty damn good finish.

All of a sudden, Sonoma and Watkins Glen don't feel as unique. And the road course win totals just doesn't feel quite the same.

How many would Stewart and Gordon have, if they had 6 road course races per year?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It would not be a linear correlation. If they had 6 road course races a season back in the 90s and 00s you'd see drivers and teams actually prepare for the RC's. With just the 2 races per season in that era majority of teams did not try to win the road courses, just survive them with a top 15. Tony and Jeff with their own road racing ability and their powerhouse teams that could afford to build RC-specific cars just steamrolled through when the competition was almost nothing.

It would not be a linear correlation. If they had 6 road course races a season back in the 90s and 00s you'd see drivers and teams actually prepare for the RC's. With just the 2 races per season in that era majority of teams did not try to win the road courses, just survive them with a top 15. Tony and Jeff with their own road racing ability and their powerhouse teams that could afford to build RC-specific cars just steamrolled through when the competition was almost nothing.
eh I think there were always good road racers in Nascar

Best I can do is 5

NASCAR must eliminate cautions after stages on road courses. There is no strategy in these races.

9. Its the longest course in NASCAR, mistakes and peril at every corner are possible yet at the end the of the race on a 4 mile road course we had a battle for the lead after almost 250 miles.

Back
Top Bottom