Johali's Rate the Cup race --- soggy, delayed Daytona

I honestly don't know how to feel or what to think. I just can't rate this thing, but I'm interested to see what everyone else says.

Entertaining as hell when there were cars on the track and props to nascar for getting the whole race in. 7.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. for the entertainment and show it was while the gimmick points system was front and center all weekend. Game 7 moment of a driver racing his way into the playoffs is what this is all about. I will say Daytona during a summer day is whole different beast, wish we could see more of it

10 - for Nascar getting the entire race in

0 - for the wreck fest.

And as usual AD had to hit and knock someone out of the way to win at Daytona, what a silver spoon wannbe dirt bag, but he gets a pass from everybody.
One of these days AD will win a race straight up, NOT! :lol2: Never happen.

7.0. Hard to rate the race but there were some short periods of good racing but they were interrupted by yet another crash. Just glad NASCAR waited to dry the track and get in a legitimate racing finish. Dillon wasn't the best car today but he definitely was the luckiest.

I thought it was awesome up until Briscoe, and then the rain, wrecked the field.

6 overall considering the weather delays, the big wrecks, and the lackluster finish

0. Hamlin got screwed. NASCAR ****** this up, and Scott Miller says nothing could have been done. bull****. The best car didn't win, the officiating was an embarrassment, and once again we have a **** show. I am ****** pissed.

Got to give Nascar credit for finishing the race.
Letting guys barrel into Turn 1 at 200 mph in a rain shower....I give NASCAR credit for not one ****** thing tonight.

0. Hamlin got screwed. NASCAR ****** this up, and Scott Miller says nothing could have been done. bull****. The best car didn't win, the officiating was an embarrassment, and once again we have a **** show. I am ****** pissed.
The 'best' car rarely wins a plate race. Indeed, how do you determine the 'best' car in the first place? Field position is dependent on the favors or tolerance of others.

2. Typical superspeedway s*** show with NASCAR adding the layer of screwing the pooch big time. Only reason I didn't give it 0 was that they waited out the rain and actually finished it despite the booth gerbils' pleading.

The 'best' car rarely wins a plate race. Indeed, how do you determine the 'best' car in the first place? Field position is dependent on the favors or tolerance of others.
Fair point, but it's my rating, so I will go with whatever criteria I see fit as there is no official metric. Best car is defined as a car which in the hands of a great driver can be taken to the front to win. Denny Hamlin had no peer, and he didn't need anybody--everybody gravitated to him just like Junior. The only thing that beat Denny was the officiating.....but Scott Miller though.....BS.

Blaney and Truex both deserve to be in the playoffs, but it is what it is, and my dude made it.
Has the Blaney luck finally changed????

Back
Top Bottom