Johali's Rate the cup race --- Talladega

I will give it a strong 9. As I have said so many times before, I don't really like to see expensive race cars crash. But, I do love the excitement of watching all of the cars fighting for positions at the higher speeds the super speedways produce and watching the different strategies the teams try to pull off. I thought yesterdays race was very exciting and I was on the edge of my chair through the whole race until NBC took it away from me, but even though that was kind of a buzz kill, thanks to the LA Rams I rebounded very quickly and will survive to watch another race next week.

8....too bad Matt D did not pull it off....would have given it a 8.5. Confused about a couple of teams....CGR specifically, neither Busch or Kenseth could actually hang tight with the rest, only in a pack and under certain conditions. Even some of the lower rung teams could hang better....like Wallace and the FRM cars.
Ganassi's superspeedway program is atrocious. Larson called them out on it multiple times.

I thought the racing was pretty good throughout the whole race. Didn't care for nascars judgement calls at the end, but what I hated the most is watching a driver ride around in the back almost the whole race when there car is perfectly capable of running up front

I thought the racing was pretty good throughout the whole race. Didn't care for nascars judgement calls at the end, but what I hated the most is watching a driver ride around in the back almost the whole race when there car is perfectly capable of running up front
I don't mind strategy like that and think it is idiotic to race hard within the first 80% of plate races. The amount of cautions in this, and most, plate races lends credence to my opinion. It is also idiotic to race hard until the final turn of the final lap for the very same reason. Plate races are just downright idiotic but I can't help but get an adrenaline rush while watching them

I've never disagreed with an opinion on this site as much as I have this one. Ideally, I want all 36 races to go caution free
Richmond had no cautions and it was one of the most boring races of the season. If there’s not a crash, it just turns into a single-file snooze fest (except for Martinsville and Bristol).

A race with no cautions?? I have seen a few of those that were decent races but come on... I want to see hurt feelings and teeth gnashing and you don't get that with no cautions. I heard some fan talking to Moody or maybe it was Mojo on a rerun last night saying they need to do away with the bumpers hooking together amd pushing at superspeedways. Huh??? He's welcome to watch the xfinity suckfest at superspeedways if that's what he wants I think they still have that stupid rule?

Back
Top Bottom