Johali's Rate the Xfinity race --- Daytona Road Course

Solid but I struggle with all the "chaos"; some is perfectly fine. They need to speed up the cautions/race because the last 10 laps take forever.

Cindric’s body damage hurt him but Gibbs was full value here.

Solid but I struggle with all the "chaos"; some is perfectly fine. They need to speed up the cautions/race because the last 10 laps take forever.
I cannot rate because I missed the Xfinity race today, however, my uncle was talking about that during the truck race last night. He only gets to watch a couple races a year with us because of how far away he lives and was very late going home after staying for the end of it (with snow on the roads here).
Could they possibly use the oval for caution laps somehow at some of these rovals in order to speed them up? Why or why not?

6. NASCAR badly needs local yellows. Why are we expanding road courses and not this?

9 very entertaining race and I was amazed at how well TG drove his first race.
Not sure if he would have won had the 22 not been damaged but that is racing.
I am looking forward to see his season unfold. Great Hamlin replacement.

8. We were denied another Cindric / Dinger showdown but Gibbs made up for it. I still can't figure how Cindric got that parachute to the front, much less kept it there.

8.5 - Really enjoyed this one. What a win and storyline with Gibbs charge forward to win. That kid is a driver! I don’t even pull for JGR, but Ty made quite an impression. Future star.

Easy 9+ until the craziness at the end
This ^
I was literally on the edge of my seat watching this race wind down. Then boom, the yellow, that everyone knew was going to create chaos at the finish. Its also my least favorite part of the super speedway races.

This ^
I was literally on the edge of my seat watching this race wind down. Then boom, the yellow, that everyone knew was going to create chaos at the finish. Its also my least favorite part of the super speedway races.
I could happily return to races ending at the scheduled distance regardless of what flag was flying.

Not my bag of tea, but the racing at the end made up for it. I'll go with a 5. If I wanted to watch IMSA, I would.

6. NASCAR badly needs local yellows. Why are we expanding road courses and not this?
They do in a sense, tower will notify the spotters Daytona is so big trying to find a spot for a corner worker doesnt work because the are so far from the track.

Back
Top Bottom