John Madden Retires

John was a great football journeymen...from coaching the Champion Raiders... eventually going onto the booth.... with his great analytical skills and insight... Going to be hard to replace him.... One of the last...people who did all his broadcasts...while refusing to fly to get there ..... :D

I was never a fan of John, but I sure will miss him. I do understand that he was one of the most popular men in the NFL. Hope he enjoys his retirement. What will happen to the MaddenCruiser?

madden and the original "bad boys", the oakland raiders. i will miss him but like he said, it's time. hope he has a nice retirement. i'd be surprised if we don't see him on occasional specials.

Good luck to him now away from broadcasting. He was an image of the NFL for sure.

Today on ESPN radio, Brent Musburger siad that it wouldn't surprise him if he were to join forces with Al Davis again in some sort of role for the Raiders. Very interesting, interesting indeed. Conjures up all sorts of ideas.

I've never liked his broadcasting style myself. He took unprofessionalism to a new level and many fans and colleagues loved him for it. I never understood that. He would make some of the dumbest comments ever uttered on TV and fawn over his favorite players (like Brett Favre) mercilessly and somehow he was considered a legend. I also met him once and he was kind of an @ss.

I've never liked his broadcasting style myself. He took unprofessionalism to a new level and many fans and colleagues loved him for it. I never understood that. He would make some of the dumbest comments ever uttered on TV and fawn over his favorite players (like Brett Favre) mercilessly and somehow he was considered a legend. I also met him once and he was kind of an @ss.

I thought I was the only one who did not like him. All he did was babble from what I heard. He would go off on these stupid tangents.

Back
Top Bottom