Johnny Sauter making more friends

H

Happy29

From Jayski...
Sadler not pleased with Sauter: Rookie #30-Johnny Sauter drew the ire of the winner for the late-race maneuvers of his No. 30 Chevrolet. Several other lapped cars pulled aside for the battle between Elliott Sadler and Kasey Kahne in the closing laps, but Sauter chose to maintain his position. He finished three laps down in 24th. "He should have done like every other smart person and pulled over," Sadler said. "There wasn't anybody within half a straightaway of him. He pulled back in the groove and ran right on the bottom of 3 and 4, which is where I tried to run all day long. His awareness is hideous. I wish he would have left it down to me and Kasey to race. I was so focused on what [Sauter] was going to do, I forgot about [Kahne], and it almost cost me the race."(Richmond Times Dispatch)(4-5-2004)

as i said, he was going to win....and he still won....so i think he needs just to shut up about it and be happy he won...just needs something to complane about

Both my mom and me were yelling at the TV for Sauter to get out of the way, my dad was sitting there asking what was wrong with us.. but hey, no harm no foul

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Apr 5 2004, 02:44 PM
as i said, he was going to win....and he still won....so i think he needs just to shut up about it and be happy he won...just needs something to complane about
He is the one driving and entitled to his own opinion. Why should he shut up?? His thoughts are exactly what I was thinking at the tail end of that race. My comments although in another thread seemed to have fallen on deaf ears cause everyone thought I was over reacting.

sure he won this time, but he should voice his opinion to prevent it from happening again, and possibly losing because of it.

Originally posted by N2racin88+Apr 6 2004, 05:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Apr 6 2004, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lap3Forever@Apr 5 2004, 02:44 PM
He is the one driving and entitled to his own opinion. Why should he shut up?? His thoughts are exactly what I was thinking at the tail end of that race. My comments although in another thread seemed to have fallen on deaf ears cause everyone thought I was over reacting. [/b][/quote]
I'm sure if it was there fav. driver and bonehead sauter almost cost them the race you would have a different reaction.

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Apr 6 2004, 07:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Apr 6 2004, 07:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -N2racin88@Apr 6 2004, 05:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Lap3Forever
@Apr 5 2004, 02:44 PM

He is the one driving and entitled to his own opinion. Why should he shut up?? His thoughts are exactly what I was thinking at the tail end of that race. My comments although in another thread seemed to have fallen on deaf ears cause everyone thought I was over reacting.
I'm sure if it was there fav. driver and bonehead sauter almost cost them the race you would have a different reaction. [/b][/quote]
your right, if a lap car cost my driver a win i would be poed. but as long as he still won like the 38 did hey no big deal.

he can say what he wants to, but he still won so he better enoy it, and not complane,

I am a Sauter fan and what he did was not the smartest thing but he did try and get out of the way at the finish line he was in the grass but he should have gotten out of the way on the back stretch I mean you didnt see Kurt Busch running up front with Junior and Stewart during the 500 when he was a lap down and they were racing for the win. I too was yelling at him but hey Elliot stilll won so he should just take the win and be happy.

seems the popular thing to do now days is whinnnnnne

guess that sits well with Brian France and his whine an cheeze crowd.

I didn't really see where Sauter did anything wrong. But Sadler has his right to his opinion. And he was the one in the car. But if some other drivers had made the same comment some members of the forum would jump on them with both feet and say they were whinning. :lol:

I'm wondering why, all of a sudden, we are hearing all this crap about someone spoiling or almost spoiling the day for drivers. Perhaps the its the questions being asked? Jeffy griping about a "field filler" and now Elliott complaining about a lap down car.......those two guys never popped off like that before. Good to great drivers and winning drivers have been dodging "field fillers" and lap down cars since the sport began.......it's nothing new. My bet is that Elliott is not all that po'ed at Sauter but the article was written in such a way that it seems he was. Actually, the way I saw it Sauter helped Elliott keep Kasey behind him because Sauter was in the middle of track and coming down.........Elliott had the high line and Kasey had to wait for Sauter to get out of the way. If anyone has a gripe I would say it was Kasey.

Us NASCAR fans are pretty easy to stir up, aren't we? :D

Back
Top Bottom