Josh Berry to the 9… kinda

Biggreen695

Team Owner
If Josh Berry performs while subbing for Chase until he gets healed up, I wonder if this will be the motivation Dale Jr needs to fork up the $$ for a charter? Or does this put the fire under Bowmans seat for when his contract expires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowman’s contract was extended 3 weeks ago, as was Ally Bank’s. Good through the end of 2026 in Bowman’s case and 2028 for the primary sponsor.

Bowman has two top 5s and a top 10 finish in the first 3 races of this season. His seat is ice cold.

I don't see Hendrick moving any current drivers any time soon. If anything, a good performance by Berry could get him a ride at SHR (which will have the 4 and 10 open in the next couple of years), or maybe RCR can find the dollars to expand.

Good seats are at a premium right now. A lot of teams have their lineups set. SHR is probably his best bet.

Bowman’s contract was extended 3 weeks ago, as was Ally Bank’s. Good through the end of 2026 in Bowman’s case and 2028 for the primary sponsor.

Bowman has two top 5s and a top 10 finish in the first 3 races of this season. His seat is ice cold.
There isn't a Hendrick driver that isn't under a contract thru 2025 at the least. Maybe they need to write that down or something.

If Josh Berry performs while subbing for Chase until he gets healed up, I wonder if this will be the motivation Dale Jr needs to fork up the $$ for a charter? Or does this put the fire under Bowmans seat for when his contract expires?

Kelly runs JRM and if nothing else is a very smart business person. I just don't see the ROI for buying a charter right now. There's always hope that the new deal will change that but how much money do you want to spend on hope?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Kelly runs JRM and if nothing else is a very smart business person. I just don't see the ROI for buying a charter right now. There's always hope that the new deal will change that but how much money do you want to spend on hope?

Just to play devils advocate…I don’t foresee the price of a charter ever going down. So if JRM is gonna make the Jump the sooner the better.

Ask a current charter holder if he’s happy with his ROI.

Jordan, who has a resume pages upon pages long, who has logged probably a hundred plus hours in the LMS cup car, jumping in the 9 for COTA...

RIP rest of the field.

No one has ever won their first Cup start (obviously besides the first ever one)

This place is so desperate to fire Alex, and all he’s done this year thus far is produce. Not to mention he’s resigned with HMS recently and Ally Bank did as well. He’s going to be driver 48 for the foreseeable future.

This place is so desperate to fire Alex, and all he’s done this year thus far is produce. Not to mention he’s resigned with HMS recently and Ally Bank did as well. He’s going to be driver 48 for the foreseeable future.

Alex Bowman always seems to start out hot, and I expect that to continue this week as he seems to be really good at Phoenix.

I like Alex, however he seems the most replaceable when compared to to the 5, 24 and 9

I like Alex, however he seems the most replaceable when compared to to the 5, 24 and 9

Like I've said before he seems at best 3rd in line around there and for that very reason I would have liked him to entertain the idea of being in the #4 next year

Like I've said before he seems at best 3rd in line around there and for that very reason I would have liked him to entertain the idea of being in the #4 next year

Rick,JG and Ally might disagree

Bowman will retire from HMS, the most successful Cup team in history, at the conclusion of his NASCAR career.

He’s too busy rescuing dogs to think about driving for Tony Stewart and Gene Haas.

Bowman will retire from HMS, the most successful Cup team in history, at the conclusion of his NASCAR career.

He’s too busy rescuing dogs to think about driving for Tony Stewart and Gene Haas.
Sometimes I really don’t understand the thought process from some fans. Alex loves being at HMS and Rick Hendrick and Ally love him being there enough that they also support him in his other racing endeavors and he does an awesome job for them on and off the track and he just signed another multi year contract so why would anyone even think he would go drive for any other team?

I also don’t really think it matters that much if he is considered number 3 or even 4 at HMS because he seems to be treated just as good as any other of the drivers there and he is making enough money to own a dirt car team and shop which Ally supports also and he can afford his own private jet so I don’t see any reason for him to leave anytime soon. Like you said he will probably retire at HMS.

I also don’t really think it matters that much if he is considered number 3 or even 4 at HMS because he seems to be treated just as good as any other of the drivers there and he is making enough money to own a dirt car team and shop which Ally supports also and he can afford his own private jet so I don’t see any reason for him to leave anytime soon. Like you said he will probably retire at HMS.
Many stick n ball fans who have been brought up watching a constantly changing high turnover roster, with short windows of player's careers at their peaks bring that mindset unconsciously into motorsports. I think most of us enjoy turnover to an extent, some are obsessed with it especially if it is a driver that doesn't ring our bell.

On the other hand, HMS has a long history of low turnover in not only drivers but sponsors. Hendrick, SHR, Ganassi/Trackhouse, RCR are all low turnover teams. The business of racing dictates that successful teams in Nascar have to develop relationships with sponsors to flourish and some can be almost lifetime friendships. I think if a person looks around the series, it isn't any accident as to why this is. My guy is Almirola, has been in the series for years. Despite his low performance, Smithfield loves the guy and supports his racing. It was Sam Hornish for Penske before that. Penske loved they guy despite the fact that for years and years he was terrible in Nascar. It's the nature of the sport. Nobody is dumb enough to look a gift horse in the mouth.

When you have four drivers, one of them is going to be third or fourth. Based on the contracts, the team seems to think it has no better options, and there's no better place for the driver to be. I guess some folks have a driver they want to see at HMS and regard the #48 as the likeliest seat to open, regardless of reality.

If Josh Berry performs while subbing for Chase until he gets healed up, I wonder if this will be the motivation Dale Jr needs to fork up the $$ for a charter?
Let's tackle this one. I think we can assume JRM won't have trouble finding a sponsor, especially if Jr. will do TV ads. NASCAR will probably help with that. So if Josh pulls a Bowman and wows everyone sub'ing in a Hendrick car, does Kelley start the paperwork?

Let's tackle this one. I think we can assume JRM won't have trouble finding a sponsor, especially if Jr. will do TV ads. NASCAR will probably help with that. So if Josh pulls a Bowman and wows everyone sub'ing in a Hendrick car, does Kelley start the paperwork?
Getting a sponsor and finding the money to buy a charter are 2 different things. From what it sounds like they don't have any interest in doing a partnership with a current charter holder

4th best car at Hendrick is better than the best car at SHR lately. If you put harvick in a Hendrick car he probably has 5+ wins last year.

Sometimes I really don’t understand the thought process from some fans. Alex loves being at HMS and Rick Hendrick and Ally love him being there enough that they also support him in his other racing endeavors and he does an awesome job for them on and off the track and he just signed another multi year contract so why would anyone even think he would go drive for any other team?
Bowman is an average driver on an elite team. Don't know that he would ever leave, but it wouldn't be a shock if he was asked to at some point.

Bowman isn't leaving Hendrick any time soon. HMS gave him his big break & at the same time, they just happen to be the best team in the sport. There's zero reason for him to leave. It would be great to see him in the #4 but it's not going to happen. There are many other good candidates for that ride, but SHR needs to show some speed or else that ride isn't going to be compelling for some drivers.

I know it isn't going to happen, but I wonder how well Matt DiBenedetto would do in a good ride. Noah Gragson is the guy I would keep my eye on though.

Bowman isn't going anywhere. He may not be the best driver on the track, but he makes up for it in personality and marketability, and he is good enough to win races, make the playoffs every year, and possibly make the final four.

I wonder what Matt DiBenedetto would do in a good ride.

We've already seen a sample size, and he apparently burned too many bridges trying to gin up sympathy.

Cole Custer will probably be in the no. 4 next year, and Hailie Deegan in the next available SHR ride after that.

I could see this being an audition for Josh Berry for a Cup ride with someone like Spire, which is starting to show a lot of promise and potential with Corey Lajoie, or Kaulig.

Cole Custer will probably be in the no. 4 next year, and Hailie Deegan in the next available SHR ride after that.
SHR has two great young talents in Briscoe & Preece. They've struggled this year so you'd think Custer wasn't the issue last season. Herbst outran Custer last week though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Herbst in the #4. He brings some $$$ & isn't terrible.

Back
Top Bottom