JPM at The Glenn

Spotter22

Team Owner
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he will have a Top 10 run. I believe this car falls in to his wheel house and suits him better than the equipment he drove the last time he ran the full schedule. I'd love to see a JPM vs SVG battle for the win.

I tend to think life has been good to Juan.

images-1.jpeg

I highly doubt he finishes in the top 25, would love for him to prove me wrong. Two+ laps down is my expectation.

I think he'll be ok in the race, but this isn't the same nascar he left 10 years ago. The level of aggression is drastically different now. I think 15th or better should be considered a successful day.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Was he? He won two road course races at a time when the majority of cup drivers sucked at road courses. Fast forward to today and a lot more of the field are good road course drivers. He certainly was no SVG.
I did not say he dominated, but he was usually one to beat and up towards the front which makes him very good as I stated.

How he will do in todays car and competition, I have no idea and I don't have high expecations. But do hope he makes a good showing.

Was he? He won two road course races at a time when the majority of cup drivers sucked at road courses. Fast forward to today and a lot more of the field are good road course drivers. He certainly was no SVG.
Two wins in fourteen road course starts when they only had two road courses per year. Also, he still had to go head-to-head with guys like Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, and Marcos Ambrose who were really good on twisties at the time and won multiple events. CGR/EGR equipment was hardly the best of that era as well.

To those mentioning his lack of experience in the Gen 7, the same applied to SVG last year at Chicago. I think Montoya will be fine.

Montoya came close to winning on ovals several times. That one race he was dominating at Indianapolis before getting black flagged, or Dover during his last full-time season where he was leading in the closing laps, only to lose the race to Tony Stewart.

Seeing him back in Cup gives me nostalgia. I hope he does well, Juan is a very talented racer.

Back
Top Bottom