Judgement calls

S

smack500

Seems like everytime theres a judgement call the same drivers get penalized, and the same drivers get off with nothing.

I know alot of you are tired of hearing jr being compared to other drivers but..

If jr's car was parked like tonys at dover, with the tire on the line, what would have happened???

Same penalty as tony

He gets off with a simple excuse ( ex. dovers pits are to small, it was a close call but it was really over the line)

or it wouldnt have even been pointed out

Smack...I refer you to rule NASCAR rule book...rule 3-8-E which reads "Anything an Earnhardt says or does is ok". An Earnhardt fan pointed this rule out to us the other day :p

You raise a point that is pretty self evident Smack.Just seems to be in the cards,I guess.The little things are what irritate me the most.....check out thatsracin.com and the 'official' finishing order of yesterdays race for example.Junior listed with a ninth place finish instead of the 'unofficial' 11th place finish that every other site lists!

A little thing,yeah,but still just slanted enough to make you wonder.I always find it humorous that NASCAR publishes a 'most-influential people' list which contains certain names near the top,and still maintain they are a fair and just sport.Now that is a contradiction if I've ever heard one!How can you have 'influence' over an IMPARTIAL sanctioning body?

Originally posted by 97forever@Jun 3 2003, 02:48 AM
A little thing,yeah,but still just slanted enough to make you wonder.I always find it humorous that NASCAR publishes a 'most-influential people' list which contains certain names near the top,and still maintain they are a fair and just sport.Now that is a contradiction if I've ever heard one!How can you have 'influence' over an IMPARTIAL sanctioning body?
Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmm..." :blink:

Originally posted by 97forever@Jun 2 2003, 08:48 PM
You raise a point that is pretty self evident Smack.Just seems to be in the cards,I guess.The little things are what irritate me the most.....check out thatsracin.com and the 'official' finishing order of yesterdays race for example.Junior listed with a ninth place finish instead of the 'unofficial' 11th place finish that every other site lists!
Yeah, but it's the official results they post at Nascar.com that count, & they show Jr. in 11th & -171 points behind Matt! ;)

Smack, get a life, we will not know the answer to that question for now, find something else to whine about. :bleh:

Oh, that wasn't a judgement call, that was cut and dry.

You guys are mean to each other over a car make,Maybe you should see the movie "Shallow Hal" :p

the anouncers seemed to think it was a judgement call.

Also I have nothing to whine about jeff finished second at dover, and is about to take second from mr dale.

when they were showing tony being penalized, only his fender was over, but when they showed him pull into his pit and work began on the car, his tire was over the line and the official was right there.....did anyone else see this?...because that showed the penalty was clear......so no judgement needed....and if it was anyone else with an official right there it woulda been called....

Looked cut and dry to me, Nascar passed out cards on how they could and could not park in the pit box. It showed exactly what happened to Tony Stewart. His right front was out of the pit box and that was a one lap penalty.

I agree it was cut and dry. In nascar on the line is out of bounds. There was no judgement needed any driver was penalized.

Why did the tire changer not have him back up? Was it that he was about to be run over by gordo that he did not think of it? This is the very reason for the rule, to protect the tire changers and other pit members.

Does anyone else find it funny that a Jeff Gordon fan is talking about another driver getting favors from NASCAR?

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 3 2003, 05:08 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that a Jeff Gordon fan is talking about another driver getting favors from NASCAR?
:cheers: I ain't gonna say a word! :lol: :lol: Without doubt the two most sensitive group of fans are Gordon and Earnhardt fans!Go ahead say it:RUBBERHEAD!!BIG EARS!!PIN HEAD!!See?Us Kurt Busch fans can take it!

I keep hearing about this, but where did jeff cheat so much??? I have seen him get plenty of penalties over the years squegy on the car, to many men over the wall etc etc etc.

I bet you if that was him that did that move at talladega he would have been flagged.

How many penalties has jr gotin compared to jeff???

I also remember a couple weeks ago nascar, making a decision to help out kenseth when they could have helped jeff.

Originally posted by tiffisfireman007@Jun 3 2003, 06:12 PM

I bet you if that was him that did that move at talladega he would have been flagged.

He has passed several times under the yellow line since the rule was put in effect and has yet to be black flagged. Including in that race when he made a pass under the yellow line that caused Waltrip to wreck, this year in the Bud shootout when he passed Mark Martin and I although I can't remember specifically, I know he did it a couple times last year.

Originally posted by tiffisfireman007@Jun 3 2003, 06:12 PM

I also remember a couple weeks ago nascar, making a decision to help out kenseth when they could have helped jeff.
They've made many mistakes this year and that's the only one they admitted they errored on.

You can look back through the post around that time, at the bud shootout. Alot of people were saying jeff passed under the yellow line and someone posted a picture of jeff making the passes and his tire was right on the line. Although any idiot could see jrs whole car was off the track at talladega.

THere has been quite a few times where it seemed like they helped jeff, but I think jrs amount of help greatly surpases it.

Back
Top Bottom