Just Braggin'

71Fan

A certain little girl who got here 4 years ago with a zero point zero gpa after falling thru the cracks surrounding a single parent home (the ex-wife's) is now a freshman at UNLV on full academic scholarship.:D

Congratulations, 71Fan!! Nothing breeds success like superior parenting! You should be very proud. :)

Man, that is GREAT. A giant pat on the back to you and your daughter. Especially your daughter who was willing to accept the skills you gave her.

Excellent work for the both of you 71Fan.

The world is short on parents like yourself.

A OK way to go 71 fan,
It's a rugged job, very glad to see a success story. Keep us updated.

congrats 71fan!!! If more parents were proud like yourself, we might see more kids doing better........

the is very encouraging to know if she can get a full ride to college so can i if i work hard!!!

Yes you can Zoe, yes you can. Take care of your solids of course, but as for the others, stick with classes you know you can do well in. One of my daughters first counselors here wanted to push her in to the accelerated stuff and I told the lady no. I knew the only way she could carry a high gpa was by taking regular courses. And then, Office Gopher III is always good for an A if ya just show up and be nice to the staff.:eek:

Anyways, yes. Quite proud. But afraid that most all the credit needs to go not only to the daughter but also to the former and present wives. The former for seeing the need to let her little girl go, and the latter for accepting the challenge. Mostly all I did was hold out the biggest dern carrots I could find.:D

Like this one for her 17th birthday. Only hers is white. She makes half the payment and all the insurance. And yes, she got to trade for dad's old work car for a couple weeks once along the way. Boy did she jump right back in line. :D

Very nice BD gift 71Fan. I know you must be proud of your daughter. It's always great to hear about children going to college and furthering their education. There are so many out there that just don't care anymore, their parents don't care either. It's good to know that you, your first wife and your wife now, along with your daughter all had the will to make a better future for your daughter. I don't see that you are bragging at all. You sound like you are very proud, and you rightfully deserve to be. Good luck to you and your family in all that you do. Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom