Just tell me this is a bad idea

Benevolent One

Team Owner
I may be about to get into an actual fight with someone I work with. I haven't been in an actual fight in years and It's a bad idea, but it might just have to be done. This guy has about 6 inches in height and a few pounds on me and is about 15 years younger and is in a hell of a lot better shape than I am. All that being said, he's an a**hole who really likes to cut people down (and me in particular) to make himself look better. I can't outsell him because he is damn good at his job and he's been there over a year and knows a hell of a lot more tricks and skills than I do after about a month or so. He'd probably stomp a mud hole in me, but it sure would feel good to get a few good shots in on him before that happened. I've had ass whoopin's before, but, of course, I was a lot younger and didn't have the back issues I have now. I'd probably almost certainly lose my job. But then again, if I do lose my job, I'm thinking about doing it on the way out. How stupid is that?

Sounds to me like something that could be settled after work over a beer, after a man to man talk you might find out this guy really isnt so bad after all. Its nice to be the "top dog" at any job we have but it just isnt possible sometimes

Report bullying behavior to your supervisor in writing. They are obligated to act.

You worked hard to get this job so don't blow it now.

Be careful man, you don't wanna end up in the slammer or sued for everything you've got if he presses assault charges against you.

This may sound simplistic but it also just may work to make him **** off and you feel better...

Everytime he tries to cut you down, look him straight in the face and laugh your *** off. Sometimes a bit of a chuckle can work too.

It took me a while to figure out how to deal with idiots but it's kept me out of trouble more than a few times.

Good luck.

Document everything. Date, time, what was said, add in if any co-workers were nearby who may have overheard.

I learned one thing working for a large companies and that was a punch might make you feel good temporarily and probably get you fired but written documentation will get the guy fired and you'll feel good much longer. BTDT

This may sound simplistic but it also just may work to make him **** off and you feel better...

Everytime he tries to cut you down, look him straight in the face and laugh your *** off. Sometimes a bit of a chuckle can work too.

It took me a while to figure out how to deal with idiots but it's kept me out of trouble more than a few times.

Good luck.

Done this before...works great

Hope you can get this resolved without losing your job. This moron isn't worth losing your job over. Have you let him know how you feel? Might be a good idea to let him know and if he continues let your boss know. Sounds like he might be physically fit but has the mind of a 2yr. old.

Is this the auto parts gig?

fighting someone at work is a bad idea...whats worse than getting into a beat down is he might press charges and still worse than that, you might get black balled in the work community

No-win situation...why fight a guy who is younger and bigger and will kick your ass? Just to get in a slight punch while he holds you down and calls security?

If you want to get back at the guy use your head. Find out his phone # and his email address and discreetly - non traceably - place a small classified ad in a major newspaper saying:

"I Want to buy timeshares, Florida destinations preferred but all are taken into consideration, top dollar paid, contact me at.................."

and (since every timeshare ever sold in the USA has some sort of Florida connection) he will have constant phone calls and emails out the ass until he changes both..hundreds and hundreds of phone calls and zillions of emails...many of the emails will be from timeshare sellers looking for a new buyer. :partytime he will be flabbergasted...and you can sit back (if you keep your mouth shut) and laugh.

Once that is over - and if he is still a pain - ask me about "fake" signing him up for being interested in cosmetic pyramid schemes...they are even worse....of course I never do these things...otherwise I would advertise as "Really want to screw with somebody...safely...?...contact Tony at ............"

Last edited:
Is this the auto parts gig?

fighting someone at work is a bad idea...whats worse than getting into a beat down is he might press charges and still worse than that, you might get black balled in the work community
No, I haven't been able to get back into the auto parts thing yet, despite having many years in the industry. Although I haven't been trying all that hard to do so since I landed the job selling DirecTV for a marketing company about 6-8 weeks ago. It's that job where I'm having this issue. I'm not doing as well at it as I would have expected of myself. Some weeks I've made good money for my boss, but other weeks I've cost him money by paying me more than I've brought in. He'd have rightfully fired me if he didn't know about me being basically homeless and my wife losing her job last week and him having a heart.

He gave me a few days off to find another job, knowing that it's much easier to get a job if you already have one. Of course, he offered to tell anybody who asks that I still work there and that I'm a great employee even if I leave by his choice or mine. He's a good guy like that.

No, I haven't been able to get back into the auto parts thing yet, despite having many years in the industry. Although I haven't been trying all that hard to do so since I landed the job selling DirecTV for a marketing company about 6-8 weeks ago. It's that job where I'm having this issue. I'm not doing as well at it as I would have expected of myself. Some weeks I've made good money for my boss, but other weeks I've cost him money by paying me more than I've brought in. He'd have rightfully fired me if he didn't know about me being basically homeless and my wife losing her job last week and him having a heart.

He gave me a few days off to find another job, knowing that it's much easier to get a job if you already have one. Of course, he offered to tell anybody who asks that I still work there and that I'm a great employee even if I leave by his choice or mine. He's a good guy like that.

Thats awesome of him. Best of luck...all the more reason not to do anything rash.....

No-win situation...why fight a guy who is younger and bigger and will kick your ass? Just to get in a slight punch while he holds you down and calls security?

If you want to get back at the guy use your head. Find out his phone # and his email address and discreetly - non traceably - place a small classified ad in a major newspaper saying:

"I Want to buy timeshares, Florida destinations preferred but all are taken into consideration, top dollar paid, contact me at.................."

and (since every timeshare ever sold in the USA has some sort of Florida connection) he will have constant phone calls and emails out the ass until he changes both..hundreds and hundreds of phone calls and zillions of emails...many of the emails will be from timeshare sellers looking for a new buyer. :partytime he will be flabbergasted...and you can sit back (if you keep your mouth shut) and laugh.

Once that is over - and if he is still a pain - ask me about "fake" signing him up for being interested in cosmetic pyramid schemes...they are even worse....of course I never do these things...otherwise I would advertise as "Really want to screw with somebody...safely...?...contact Tony at ............"
This is some useful information. He is a devious son of a bitch who will do whatever it takes to screw other people to make himself look better. Something like this might be a pretty appropriate response to his deviousness.

It's also a good idea to let time pass while you befriend him and secretly plot his accident. That way when he regains consciousness, you won't be a suspect. ;)

Benevolent One, (4x is what you will always be to me )
So sorry to hear you and your family are going through a rough time. I hope you and your wife both find jobs soon. And when you do find something new, tell the sob what you think of him, if you choose your words right he might take the first swing and you'll be justified in whoppin' on him. Heck a few good hits might make ya feel better.

Man you guys are some devious MF's. Don't get me wrong though, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom