Just thought i'd mention

Bucky Badger

Go Kyle Go
Kevin Harvik is a *****for treating his team like a jerk on the radio.

After all, if this was Kurt you guys would be all over that:rolleyes:

The newest "He'll do anything to win" commercial with Kevin is pretty funny! When he runs Delana into the trash cans and is all proud of himself, I thought to myself, "Perfect Casting for that role!".

That's not T-Ball their playing and it's not for plastic trophy's.

Buck, I'd say that you have equal opportunity to be all over Harvick or any other driver for how they talk to their teams.

You obviously know how to start a thread so if you want to call a diver out, just go ahead and do it :)

I love that people still act surprised that Kevin is a jerk.

Yeah, no kiddin! Kevin has been a jerk since he entered the sport. He has just toned some of it down over the years, but all those tendencies are still there!

Buck, I'd say that you have equal opportunity to be all over Harvick or any other driver for how they talk to their teams.

You obviously know how to start a thread so if you want to call a diver out, just go ahead and do it :)

Don't really think the driver is the issue,just other members.

Yeah, no kiddin! Kevin has been a jerk since he entered the sport. He has just toned some of it down over the years, but all those tendencies are still there!

Harvick is just trying to live up the the reputation of the driver he replaced at RCR. He's got the nasty part down, but is way short on the driving ability and the winning part.

Harvick is just trying to live up the the reputation of the driver he replaced at RCR. He's got the nasty part down, but is way short on the driving ability and the winning part.

I have thought this for many years actually! lol

While both are jerks on the radio I think the difference is Kurt combines jerk with whiney little biatch when he gets interviewed after the race. Most of the time Kevin just remains a jerk.

At Kansas I listened to a lot of Kevin's in-car radio communication on my Sprint EVO phone. He dropped a lot of F-bombs, but was mostly complaining about the car. Kurt seems to yell/cuss more "at" his crew vs the car. I know, it's splitting hairs. Even though the crew's job is to give the driver a great car, I think it hurts the crew's morale more when a driver says "You guys suck" versus saying "the car sucks." I'm paraphrasing of course.

Kurt cusses his crew out about losing two positions on pit road or one position on the track... or when the driver isn't good enough to drive.

Kevin kirks out over losing 20 spots on pit road.

I have thought this for many years actually! lol

Difference is, if Earnhardt was racing today where you run the risk of being penalized for wrecking two or three drivers in a race, he wouldn't win half as much as he did. Don't take too much talent to wreck other drivers.

Kevin Harvik is a *****for treating his team like a jerk on the radio.

After all, if this was Kurt you guys would be all over that:rolleyes:
I have to agree with you 100% on this. But then I may never disagree with anyone on this forum again.:)

Difference is, if Earnhardt was racing today where you run the risk of being penalized for wrecking two or three drivers in a race, he wouldn't win half as much as he did. Don't take too much talent to wreck other drivers.

You sure like to bait the Earnhardt fans don't you? Tell you what... name me one Cup Champion that didn't wreck a lot of other drivers in his career. Just name one.

So are you saying you are against NASCAR saying "Boys have it?" Do you want a bunch of sissy drivers afraid to "rub?" Remember, rubbing is racing. :D

Difference is, if Earnhardt was racing today where you run the risk of being penalized for wrecking two or three drivers in a race, .

Dale was never penalized for rough driving and still wouldn't be if he were driving today. There were always two sets of rules in NASCAR. The NASCAR rules and the Earnhardt rules.

Dale was never penalized for rough driving and still wouldn't be if he were driving today. There were always two sets of rules in NASCAR. The NASCAR rules and the Earnhardt rules.

I call BS. And I say prove it. And every driver that Dale "rubbed" I can show you proof that that driver also "rubbed" other drivers. It's NASCAR, not underwater basket weaving.

Really? You don't think that NASCAR looked the other way when The Intimidator intimidated with his front bumper? Dude...
Ask Terry Labonte how HE feels about that.

Really? You don't think that NASCAR looked the other way when The Intimidator intimidated with his front bumper? Dude...

Yes I think they looked the other way, as they did with almost all of the drivers. You think Dale was the only one to bump someone slower out of the way? No way. All the drivers did it back then and many of them still do it today. It's called racing. Let me say that again. It's called racing. It's called "Boys have at it!" It's called "If you are slower than me and try to block me I WILL move you out of the way." It's NASCAR!

Or would you rather just watch "follow the leader" races where there is no contact?

Bristol 99.
"He never has any intention of taking anybody out. It just happens that way.” Terry Labonte

There is enough history at this week’s track to counter your post.

In 93 Dale was penalized in the 600 for one lap. He spun Greg Sacks coming out of turn four (BTW he won that race!)

In the late 80’s NASCAR penalized Dale for five laps at Charlotte. I can’t remember the exact year but Dale’s victim was Geoff Bodine, who was driving the Hendrick Levi Garratt # 5 at the time.

Now I will admit Dale was given some passes, or some things were left unaddressed, the biggest example I recall would be the way he wrecked Terry Labonte at Bristol, the infamous “just trying to rattle his cage” (paraphrased) incident.

Speaking of Bill Elliott, does anyone remember what year he won the Daytona 500? Or maybe he won it more then once I don't know. All I can remember is that we took a motorhome and it was a nonstop party in the infield. It had to be in the late 70s or early 80s. I'm just curious.

You sure like to bait the Earnhardt fans don't you? Tell you what... name me one Cup Champion that didn't wreck a lot of other drivers in his career. Just name one.

So are you saying you are against NASCAR saying "Boys have it?" Do you want a bunch of sissy drivers afraid to "rub?" Remember, rubbing is racing. :D

Terry Labonte.

Even under "have at it" policy, there are two sets of rules. Certain drivers aren't allowed to race hard, others are. Then, there are certain drivers that you aren't allowed to race at all. If "rubbing is racing", you should be allowed to rub without threat of being held for a lap.

Watch the 1995 Bristol night race, there are at least ten drivers that would've been parked and suspended had they raced like Big E did that night.

Geez people don't you know Dale Earnhardt never Wrecked anyone....he just rubbed em wrong and they lacked the talent to recover :rolleyes:

Yes I think they looked the other way, as they did with almost all of the drivers. You think Dale was the only one to bump someone slower out of the way? No way. All the drivers did it back then and many of them still do it today. It's called racing. Let me say that again. It's called racing. It's called "Boys have at it!" It's called "If you are slower than me and try to block me I WILL move you out of the way." It's NASCAR!

Or would you rather just watch "follow the leader" races where there is no contact?

I think it went "over-your-head". Yes, most drivers have done some "rubbin", but probably no driver has done as much as Dale, Sr.

bet you are a big fan of roller derby.

Geez people don't you know Dale Earnhardt never Wrecked anyone....he just rubbed em wrong and they lacked the talent to recover :rolleyes:

I think it went "over-your-head". Yes, most drivers have done some "rubbin", but probably no driver has done as much as Dale, Sr.

bet you are a big fan of roller derby.

+1

I think that's THREE of 'em so far, KG. And to that list I will add another...

Gentleman Ned Jarrett

I think that's THREE of 'em so far, KG. And to that list I will add another...

Gentleman Ned Jarrett

heck I bet there are far more who didn't wreck people then did.

You guys must watch a different NASCAR than I do. Every driver worth his salt has wrecked someone else. I'm not even going to waste my time trying to research it or find video because you all know I am right. Sure, some drivers are/were more aggressive than others. And many of those drivers who were most aggressive are in the history books as "Champions."

You guys must watch a different NASCAR than I do. Every driver worth his salt has wrecked someone else. I'm not even going to waste my time trying to research it or find video because you all know I am right. Sure, some drivers are/were more aggressive than others. And many of those drivers who were most aggressive are in the history books as "Champions."

Yeah, don't effen waste your time, KG.
We all know that you are right... :rolleyes:

But if you ever do want to research it at all, start with the names already listed.
Then add to that list the following:

Bobby Labonte
Dale Jarrett
Matt Kenseth
Jimmie Johnson

Then there were some Champions who were more aggressive and occasionally got into scrapes (sometimes famously) but were NEVER considered dirty drivers:

Lee Petty
Richard Petty
Bobby Allison
Jeff Gordon
Benny Parsons
David Pearson
Buck Baker

and there are more...

But, KG, YOU are right! I must watch a different NASCAR than you do. ;)

Are we even on the same planet? Every single driver you guys have mentioned I have seen take someone else out... multiple times. Are you on crack? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom