K&N West cars on dirt at LVMS tonight

It’s tomorrow night I think. Probably gonna be awesome. Probably not a lot of these young asphalt drivers with dirt experience.

My bad, see Christpher Bell is on the list.

Yeah Sheldon Creed and Hailee Deegan come from short course off road racing too. A few who have played in the dirt. I hope they show this one tape delayed

I'd buy this on ppv, would like to watch it. Maybe somebody will facebook live it.

Michael "Buddy" Kofoid is in this race. He is one of the next big names coming through the 360 and 410 ranks out here in California. I first saw him at 14 just killing a 360

This does not sound very encouraging.

Yeah this sounds like a cluster#$%@ kinda like that first time it rained at Montreal. Hopefully it doesn't discourage them from more dirt in the future, but this track seems to have no idea what its doing.

Looks a little better now

Hopefully it doesn't discourage them from more dirt in the future, but this track seems to have no idea what its doing.

I hope so too. I'm enthused they tried it, and equally frustrated with what looks more like lack of track prep than proper dry slick prep. I know it's been hot and dry in Las Vegas...as it is every year at this time. Not sure why they were quite so ill-prepared to provide a raceable surface. It looks like a bomber class race. Bell is apparently flying through the field with a severely damaged car.

I was at the race. Not sure how they screwed up the track prep so badly.. The initial start, Deegan didn’t get going (missed a shift or something? Idk) which caused some wrecking behind her. 5 or 6 laps of caution and we get 2 laps of green flag and nobody other than the front runners could see due to dust and a bunch of them wrecked/spun. The race start was 8pm, after watering the track some more it was around 8:45 before they got going again... They managed to get it decent enough that it was not a major problem again. Deegan got lucky that she made it back up to finish second. She was impressive in practice and qualifying , but she was way too aggressive during the early parts of the race and messed herself up multiple times and fell back to toward the end of the top ten for a while. She is a rookie, hopefully her win will come soon, maybe next season..
The race had a lot of issues but I like seeing NASCAR try new thimsg. Overall I’d say it was a good event, but it has a lot of room for improvement.
Very nice crowd on hand, especially considering the tickets were pretty high for K&N (they were $40 at the gate).
I would like to see them try the east series at Charlotte or Virginia motor speedway. Hopefully they don’t let the issues that this race had stop them from trying it again!

Young Hailie sat on the pole and finished 2nd. Pretty impressive wouldn't ya say?

upload_2018-9-14_9-8-40.png

RESTART LAP 90: Bell pulls away and Creed drives three wide into turn 1.
Lap 93: Bell Black Flag on restart violation. ;)

Young Hailie sat on the pole and finished 2nd. Pretty impressive wouldn't ya say?

View attachment 36135

She did a nice job getting back to the front! If she had taken it a little easier early in the race I think she could have won. She was very aggressive and made a few rough moves. Sheldon. Derek thorn did a nice job as well. He was running second and Sheldon knocked him out of the way,fell out of the top ten. The Chris bell thing kinda sucked... shame to see him black flagged with 2 to go . His car was pretty bashed apart as well (front and back, missing hood, etc.. all cosmetic though) from the lap one mess.
It was a fun event. The track was nothing like DuQuoin, Springfield and Eldora when they have Arca/NASCAR trucks... Where they take so much rubber that they almost become asphalt.... hopefully NASCAR tries it again next year

Vegas is traditionally a dusty track. It just doesn't take rubber well. When they run the Duel in the Desert with the Mods every year its a dust bowl. The climate just doesn't allow for the track to hold it's moisture. However, this was pretty bad. They have had time to prepare and the just missed it. Racing still seemed good. Deegan will eventually get a win. Her equipment is as good as it gets, but she is learning on the fly. She had limited time in Late Models before moving into K&N. The thing she has going for her is that she has multiple disciplines of racing under her belt, she has an established name and Monster has sponsored her Dad for a long time. She will get her shot and she will need to make the most of it when it comes. One thing about her from watching her locally out here in CA is that she seems to get it. She understands the levity of her position and her potential. The family dynamic is strong and they have set her up for success.

Doesn't sound like this guy is too sharp. If you are that broke, buy a load of clay a year, start by spreading it out in the corners first. Clay holds water and slicks up.

Hailie Deegan not satisfied with historic run in Las Vegas K&N race

“Coming back in here everyone was like, ‘Good job, a top-five.’ And I'm like, 'Top-five, what are you talking about?'’’ Deegan said Friday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

“Everyone is saying, ‘You finished second, highest finishing place for a girl.’ And I’m like, 'No, I qualified on pole, this is actually back a position.' It’s those things. First girl to qualify on pole but I don’t want to be the best girl, I want to be the best driver.
The runner-up finish was Deegan’s second of the season, equaling her showing at Douglas County (Ore.) Speedway earlier this season. She has four top-fives and nine top-10s in 11 races this season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...-las-vegas-results/1nk8um0i8oshd1j3ke4qqu7a2w

Hailie Deegan not satisfied with historic run in Las Vegas K&N race

“Coming back in here everyone was like, ‘Good job, a top-five.’ And I'm like, 'Top-five, what are you talking about?'’’ Deegan said Friday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

“Everyone is saying, ‘You finished second, highest finishing place for a girl.’ And I’m like, 'No, I qualified on pole, this is actually back a position.' It’s those things. First girl to qualify on pole but I don’t want to be the best girl, I want to be the best driver.
The runner-up finish was Deegan’s second of the season, equaling her showing at Douglas County (Ore.) Speedway earlier this season. She has four top-fives and nine top-10s in 11 races this season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...-las-vegas-results/1nk8um0i8oshd1j3ke4qqu7a2w
OMG SOI thanks sooo much for posting this. I missed the race nice recap.

“Vegas was an epic failure,” said Bell, who has been racing midgets and sprint cars for much of his career. “Total epic disaster.

“But it was because they didn’t have the right people in place taking care of the racetrack. Dirt racing is 100 percent dependent upon track preparation. It doesn’t matter what dirt track you go to, some nights are awesome, and some nights are awful, and it’s just due to the preparation, and that’s just the name of the game in dirt racing. So I think you take Cup cars and Xfinity cars to the right place, and it would be a great show.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...-bell-bullish-on-dirt-tracks-for-xfinity-cup/

I'm glad Bell is willing to tell it like it is. Hope it can be a learning experience.

The Degan's Vlog from the race, shows quite a bit of the race. Interesting she said her car was popping out of gear.

Back
Top Bottom