Kansas City Lite

A

abooja

Pretty soon, I'm going to start taking photos of t.v. dinners and posting them up here too.

This is what I ate today. It was damn tasty, considering. :)

Roasted chicken salad

- Chicken thighs, marinated in lemon/lime juice, zest, garlic, olive oil, paprika, and rosemary, grilled until crisp on stovetop
- greenleaf lettuce
- cucumbers
- roasted red bell peppers
- red onion
- chick peas
- calamata olives
- lemon rosemary vinaigrette
(I forgot to buy tomatos.)

Onion Foccacia

- caramelized white and red onions, with a hint of vinegar
- homemade foccacia dough
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh rosemary

Not exactly your typical NASCAR meal, but what the hell.

wow, that looks pretty darn good.....................boy all that good cooking, I hope you don't weigh 300 lbs..............but sure looks good..........
making a pork roast tonight, collard greens.....(DE loves that stuff)
and some parmesen rice thing......(from uncle Bens')

but yours looked pretty delicious..............:)

Thanks, CP! :)

Actually, I still have half the salad sitting here, expecting me to finally finish it. I don't think I will. It's been out a while.

No, I don't weigh 300 pounds, but I probably should!

hey Abooja................

I used to eat as a kid...pastini............remember that stuff...........my grand'ma was a new yorker, and when I went to see her, she made me pastini...........I loved it............made by ronzoni........can't find the stuff here at all in california..I went as far as to write to the ronzoni people and yeah sure they would sell me a case of it..but who the heck wants a case..just want a couple of boxes..................do you or have you ever had it.........it was such a good childhood memory food for me..............among other things like the homemade raovoli gram used to make........
:)

spelled wrong..think it is spelled PASTINA.. not pastini..........sorry.....

Boo, that looks delicious!!!mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any plans for Dega?

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oh, of course I've heard of pastina! I used to love eating that as a kid. It's that really tiny, flake-like pasta, right? My grandmother used to cook it in a broth when we got sick. I haven't had it in years.

I can almost certainly get some for you. Just give me the word. They sell it all over my old neighborhood (in Brooklyn), and I can probably even pick some up around here. No problem. :)

Originally posted by kat2220
Boo, that looks delicious!!!mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any plans for Dega?

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Haven't even thought about that yet.

Dega Donuts has a nice ring to it, but then, I can't very well eat donuts for dinner, can I? Not unless Jimmy will be joining me...

Any ideas?

Well, how about some nice Gulf shrimp from Mobile for starters.

I'm a HUGE shrimp fan.

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ask Fergy, he grew up in Al.:) I will prob. be eating some junk food up in the stands next weekend. :D

Now come on abooboo, think about it. Talladega....restrictor plate.....ya gotta do something low-cal to represent the plate, preferably lots of ingredients packed tightly together so they can't get away from one another. Then, with about 12 laps left in the race, pitch it in a blender.

:p

OHHHH I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!!!

Since Dega is a restricted race, which as we all know is far from the real thing, you could do Boogity Boogity Burgers, made from tofu!!!!

Originally posted by abooja
Haven't even thought about that yet.

Dega Donuts has a nice ring to it, but then, I can't very well eat donuts for dinner, can I? Not unless Jimmy will be joining me...

Any ideas?

Invite Jimmy over after the race?:D

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Now come on abooboo, think about it.  Talladega....restrictor plate.....ya gotta do something low-cal to represent the plate, preferably lots of ingredients packed tightly together so they can't get away from one another.  Then, with about 12 laps left in the race, pitch it in a blender.

Sounds like I might need to make a fresh batch of red beans & rice. Talk about tightly packed ingredients! My intestines will act as the blender. :p

Sorry, that was gross.

Ferg, any Alabama specialties you can turn me on to? :huh:

I bet some good ol' Alabama farm-raised catfish would work...

Thanks for your input, TWF. :)

Except, I made catfish for Michigan. Not to mention, any catfish I'm getting my hands on is probably from the Northeast. I could be wrong about that. Anyone know anything about the catfish industry in this country? I guess most of it's raised on catfish farms these days...

As for the tofu burger idea, :bleh:

I was a vegetarian for five years and never, once, did I touch a tofu burger. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I've had tofu in any form. Yuck! I was more of a cheese-sandwich eating type of vegetarian. Didn't touch fish or anything that burped, ran, swam or flew, but did eat eggs and cheese.

Meat rules!!!!

For lunch today, I finished off the ribs I bought for the weekend.

But, now, y'all have made me hungry. Damn!

Red beans and rice sounds good for this weekend. Along with farm-raised fried catfish. *slurp*

Don't forget the cornbread or hush puppies.

Boo, I ain't forgot yer recipes you asked for, just ain't had time to type it all in. They're on the way I promise.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Boo, I ain't forgot yer recipes you asked for, just ain't had time to type it all in.  They're on the way I promise.

You mean recipe trading isn't more important than buying a house and getting married? :rolleyes:

Just kidding, of course...You're sweet to even remember at all! Maybe it'll give us something to talk about in the off-season. :)

(I hope there is an off-season here. I wonder how many of you folks will bother checking in over the winter...)

Besides, I HATE cold weather. I will not go outside unless absolutely necessary! Picking up the paper and the mail requires I step outside --- but under protest. LOL

Back
Top Bottom