"Kanus Not Going Anywhere"

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Knaus isn't going anywhere says Rick Hendrick
by Greg Engle
Cup Scene Daily

(CONCORD NC- 26 May) -When the contract for Jimmie Johnson and his sponsor Lowes was extended until 2010 last week, one loose end had yet to be tied.

Chad Knaus, crew chief for Johnson is currently under contract to the team until 2007 and when his name wasn’t among those who were re-signed last week, speculation began that perhaps Knaus would soon be headed for the door.

Knaus has been under the microscope after he was caught cheating and forced to sit out for four races at the start of the year and the rumors began to fly that perhaps Knaus would be forced out or would leave to start his own team as his mentor Ray Evernham did several years ago.

There’s no problem with the Knaus contract according to team owner Rick Hendrick.

“I don’t know how that all got out on the street that we weren’t re-upping Chad,” Hendrick said Thursday at Lowes, as teams get ready for the Coca-Cola 600. “Usually with crew chiefs a year in advance is enough, so we’re happy with Chad and I think Chad is happy. He plays a big part not just in the 48 team, but in our whole organization.

We look for Chad to be with us for a long time. We’ve already talked about this week trying to going ahead and finish up the contract and go ahead and put that to bed.”

1st Rick had to sign Lowes. Then Jimmie. Then he got sick. Which is why he wasn't at the past couple of races. I never doubted Chad getting signed...

Back
Top Bottom