Kasey Kahne

An interesting read. This stood out to me --- and a bit worrisome.
"Drivers varied in how much they wanted to know about Kahne's condition.
Chase Elliott said a driver's health should remain a private issue."

If it was me in the seat, I'd want to find out all I could. What to look for, etc.
Each person is different and dehydration doesn't effect everyone the same.
I agree with Chase on this. each driver is responsible for his own health.

Retirement is off to an exciting start

Had a friend that worked at KKR and my family did a NASCAR vacation (2011).

Well he had us stop by KKR and he gave us a behind the scenes tour. It was around the time Ray Everhamn gave Kasey is #9 first win Dodge. I have a pic of my son posing in front of it.

I have a bunch of Kasey's WWO stuff hanging in my ManCave that I got there.

We even went into the machine shop (weight room was sorta of attached there too) and they were handing me parts to take home.

Kasey signed some diecast cars for my kids, Double Mint Dodge and Mopar Dodge.

It was a great day!

I have so many pics but I'll only post one. I can't find Kasey's first win car pic right now.

Nascar Stewart Haas 1 by jpjr501, on Flickr

He isn't done yet, the next chapter just won't be in Nascar Cup unless.............

Clint Bowyer had a valid point. Seemed like Kasey Kahne got little to no recognition at the conclusion of NASCAR's festivities. That was a little disappointing.

Khane isn't done. The WoO sprint cars are calling. Some guys pound on their chests and talk trash, and others go about their racing business. 7 time and Kahne are good examples of the latter. I watched KDB ruin one of Kasey's seasons with a couple of dumps, ruin Hornaday's championship run. haven't been even a little fan of the Kyle since, I don't care how good he thinks he is. That stuff doesn't happen on purpose very much in open wheel, I hope Kahne tears it up.

Last edited:
I like Kaseys plan to hit the ground running sprint cars hard a few months before the Knoxville Nationals, he really wants to win that after getting his first as an owner this year with Brad Sweet.

Hmmmm coming to Grand Forks twice this summer, only a couple hours from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm coming to Grand Forks twice this summer, only a couple hours from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In glad to see he is running Bridgeport, I had tickets to that last year and it got rained out so it's a definate this year. Thinking of hitting William's Grove too.

Good interview Kasey did the other day. I won't get my hopes lifted by the maybe get back behind the wheel stuff and just be happy with his 1 off at Knoxville this week.

I have to admit that I was never that big of a KK fan. But since he has been gone I have actually missed seeing him on the track from week to week. If I had a do over I think I would become a big fan of his. I definitely enjoy watching him on dirt.

Good interview Kasey did the other day. I won't get my hopes lifted by the maybe get back behind the wheel stuff and just be happy with his 1 off at Knoxville this week.

I almost forgot about that Red Bull 4 car.

When the lead driver says the haulers are pulling out at noon sharp... you had better not be sitting on the toilet at noon. That dude almost missed his ride. :D
We use to love giving the Truck driver hell. Tommy had been on the road for about 8 hours and we jumped on the airplane and landed, got in our rental and pulled up beside him before he got to the track blowing the horn and waving when we went by lol. Damn those were good times.

We use to love giving the Truck driver hell. Tommy had been on the road for about 8 hours and we jumped on the airplane and landed, got in our rental and pulled up beside him before he got to the track blowing the horn and waving when we went by lol. Damn those were good times.
A lot of the nitro teams crew guys travel from race to race in a team suv and some times they would pass me on the freeway and then a little further down the road they would call me on my cel phone to tell me they are stopping at a drive through and wanted to know if I want anything. So if I was hungry and didn't want to stop they would pick up a bag of food for me and then they would catch back up to me and hand the sack to me while we are going down the road. I always had a 12 volt cooler full of water and sodas within reaching distance so I didn't have to stop for a lot of miles. :)

A lot of the nitro teams crew guys travel from race to race in a team suv and some times they would pass me on the freeway and then a little further down the road they would call me on my cel phone to tell me they are stopping at a drive through and wanted to know if I want anything. So if I was hungry and didn't want to stop they would pick up a bag of food for me and then they would catch back up to me and hand the sack to me while we are going down the road. I always had a 12 volt cooler full of water and sodas within reaching distance so I didn't have to stop for a lot of miles. :)
Thats cool bro! Who got on the running board?! We didnt always give Tommy a hard time. We let him buy us beers at dinner.

DoorDash: wheel to wheel delivery :D

Screenshot_20220817-135323_Instagram.jpg

Well he's back in victory lane in a sprint car...this might be his first win since he won the Brickyard 400

Nice!

I always felt Kasey was a championship caliber talent. Just never had the right pieces, people, and confidence to put it together at the cup level.

He was a fantastic talent though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom