Keeping Sharp As You Get Older

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
As we slowly move through retirement, we need to keep ourselves occupied with small projects.........Like this guy.

sharp.jpg

I know, --I saw it right away too.... No safety glasses or hearing protection.
And I caught something else that is really important: he has no gloves on!

I might be up in age but I am still sharp as a tack.

As we slowly move through retirement, we need to keep ourselves occupied with small projects.........Like this guy.

View attachment 13653

I know, --I saw it right away too.... No safety glasses or hearing protection.
And I caught something else that is really important: he has no gloves on!

I might be up in age but I am still sharp as a tack.
:XXROFL:

You have to be careful with chain saws...I actually saw a fellow pull the string on one and it didn't work...then pull again harder and it DID work and he actually cut off his aluminum downspout and came around close to his leg.. I know one thing...you have to be careful as far as what almost happened to me...I mean him...he could have been killed.

You have to be careful with chain saws...I actually saw a fellow pull the string on one and it didn't work...then pull again harder and it DID work and he actually cut off his aluminum downspout and came around close to his leg.. I know one thing...you have to be careful as far as what almost happened to me...I mean him...he could have been killed.
That's why mine is on the ground with my foot on it when I start it.

I lived in Charleston S.C. when hurricane Hugo came through...it didn't get the publicity of Andrew - but it was brutal. I remember watching on TV as the National Weather Service (bless their hearts) showed that while the "track" was coming right for us - it would move north due to some sh!t or another that they had figured out.

Figured wrong - it ran right over us. 150 mile an hour winds one way - a pause for about 15 minutes - then 150 mile an hour winds the other way. I will certainly never forget that night. I actually (along with neighbors) went out with flashlights and checked the damage while we were in the "eye"...damndest thing...you could look up and see the stars and I remember lighting a cigarette without even cupping my hand...then came a little breeze and we all figured...best get back inside for act two. ;)

Anyway - when it was all over there were big pine trees knocked down everywhere. I didn't own a chain saw at that time but most of my neighbor dudes did and they said like: "Dave, don't mess with that bow saw, just tote the stuff we cut and keep the beer cooler full". So I did and ended up using a chainsaw for awhile (cut my teeth) and we all got drunk and got the job done :dunce: somehow.

Aaah...to be young and stupid again...those were the days !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom