Keith Rodden

CalTenn

Team Owner
Is going to get Kasey Kahne fired, I used to listen to Kasey on scanner all the time and Rodden never seems to make the car better. Yesterday the car was good at the the start of the race passing both Jimmie and Chase on the march thru the field, low and behold the longer the race went the worse it got, I heard Rodden tell Kasey they would try to get the car back the way it was and then the axle broke. At the first of the race yesterday Chase's car wasn't very good, Gustafson made a couple of changes and Chase said he liked the car don't change anything winds up with a top 10. Rodden doesn't know how to win, Kasey wanted Rodden, but Kenny Francis is a much better CC. A lot of people on here think Kasey just can't drive, however he has won Sonoma, Pocono, Bristol, which most people would agree are difficult tracks to drive let alone win!

His heart ain’t been in it since Patrick announced she could beat him up.

Rodden should of been gone in the off season, car is always not set up well.

Yeah something with that 5 team is way off, and has been for a while. I'm not sure who deserves most of the blame, but I have a feeling that Kahne isn't the problem

Yeah something with that 5 team is way off, and has been for a while. I'm not sure who deserves most of the blame, but I have a feeling that Kahne isn't the problem
Something happened between 2013 and 2014, I don't know if it was a rule change or what Kenny was still the crew chief then but other then the win at Atlanta in 2014 something has been off with that team ever since.

I think Kahne needs a change of scenery. A new team might work wonders like it did for Logano.

Rodden is probably the worst CC at HMS since Lance McGrew. You'd think that organization could find somebody better.

Rodden is probably the worst CC at HMS since Lance McGrew. You'd think that organization could find somebody better.
He wasn't any good in the year he spent away at Ganassi as McMurry's crew chief either. He just makes so many bad decisions, both set up and strategywise.

With as lackluster as that teams performance has been it is surprising that no changes have been made... or did I miss something?

Honestly other than Knaus & Johnson, HMS hasnt been that good at finding good crew chiefs/driver combos in the past decade. Gordon & Loomis were good but Loomis left for RCM. Gustafson & Martin were feast or famine & same with Gordon. Dale Jr with Eury Jr, McGrew, Letarte & Ives have shown similar performance. Nobody with Kahne has shown great promise.

Gustafson & Elliott are off to a strong start although I'd still love to see Ives & Elliott back together. They won a championship together ffs.

Kenny and Keith had their best success when Rodden was the engineer and Francis was the CC, when Rodden left prior to the 2014 season is when the team went down hill. The car never seems to come off the truck fast and Rodden hasn't been able to make the car better.

How about a driver change. Kasey was bad before rodden came. The Atlanta win he kinda lucked into. That car is running about like a front row car. Something is wrong with kasey

How about a driver change. Kasey was bad before rodden came. The Atlanta win he kinda lucked into. That car is running about like a front row car. Something is wrong with kasey
Kasey wasn't running bad until Rodden left from being the engineer to be McMurry's crew chief, that is when the 5 team fell apart. Kasey is not the issue.

Switch Francis and Rodden?

They promoted Francis in HMS though. It would be a nice shot in the arm.

I think it's more like Kahne is going to get Rodden fired.
It's been a long time since Kasey was good.
I did not understand why Hendrick renewed his contract.

how do we know rodden is the problem?? jeff gordon didn't run out and switch CC's all the time when he wasn't winning multiple times a season. I think by now these teams can tell if the CC is the problem or not pretty quickly. There is alot behind the scenes that the organization can use to gauge that. To them the problem for kasey is he should be able to take a jimmie johnson setup and copy it exactly and be able to run it within about 2 tenths of jimmie. That is unless there is an issue with kasey, To me he looks off, watch some of his interviews lately. Kasey to me looks like he is in a fog. He simply should not be that bad, just put jimmie's setup in the car. Kasey was running bad when all the other HMS cars were doing very well and wining races. that win in 2014 was something that came together late in that race. The rest of that season was pretty much the same was what we have seen the past couple seasons. It would be one thing if kasey was sometimes in contention, he just flat out isn't, I keep wondering when he is going to show up one week and be fast. it never happens. he is now the casey mears of the entire company.

Back
Top Bottom