Ken Block

I can't shake this man.

God knows, all I ask for is for these ladies and gentlemen to grow old and tell their stories of what they did. This hits too close, got to see this man give the automotive industry, rallying, and just action sports a jolt of excitement.

I'm sorry, he's only a year younger than my mother. God forgive me for telling her age, but morality has hit on my doorstep.

My Dad told me I care too much, but I care because these athletes are mothers, fathers, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins. Just like anyone else, but this one just tugs on the heart a lot more than I expected.

I'm sorry for rambling.

I can't shake this man.

God knows, all I ask for is for these ladies and gentlemen to grow old and tell their stories of what they did. This hits too close, got to see this man give the automotive industry, rallying, and just action sports a jolt of excitement.

I'm sorry, he's only a year younger than my mother. God forgive me for telling her age, but morality has hit on my doorstep.

My Dad told me I care too much, but I care because these athletes are mothers, fathers, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins. Just like anyone else, but this one just tugs on the heart a lot more than I expected.

I'm sorry for rambling.
I am glad to know there are very real people like you that have the passion to care as much. IMO it is one of the best qualities a person can ever have. Feelings can be hurt and they do in times like this but I wouldn't want to live in a soulless world without compassion or empathy.

Last edited:
Always liked him. Seemed every time you saw him it was entertaining and he was enjoying himself. His teenage daughter was mentioned above and I recently saw a segment about her and she was well grounded. So sad for her to lose her Dad this early in life.

I am glad to know there are very real people like you that have the passion to care as much. IMO it is one of the best qualities a person can ever have. Feelings can be hurt and they do in times like this but I wouldn't want to live in a soulless world without compassion or empathy.
It's a blessing and a curse.

I just hate seeing those I've had the chance to see people do amazing things leave us early in life.

I never watched Ken Block race, but I remember him and the Gymkhana stuff from the Dirt games. Such a shame. I feel for his family, and especially for his poor daughter. As I know personally, losing your dear ol' dad is hard enough at any age, but to still be a child when it happens is even worse.

I say this a lot when these tragedies happen, but it's just so true - tomorrow really isn't promised to any of us. Life is a precious gift, and each day that we wake up and aren't in intense pain or distress, physical or otherwise, is a blessing. We have to live every single one of those days to the fullest as much as humanly possible. I know Ken Block did.

Thank you for entertaining the rest of us with your talent, farewell, and godspeed, sir.

7elj.gif

I'm not crying your crying

Block is probably one of the best drivers to ever hold a wheel, IMHO.
I will miss him greatly.

Back
Top Bottom