Kenseth in the 42 was a mistake

EZEE now, he has been out for a long time and the car has changed substantially since he sat in the seat, 6 races with no practice, he is doing just fine for now, don't count him out yet.

Who was the better choice? Ross was committed to his Xfinity ride. Matt brings sponsor stability and above average talent

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sdj
I think Larson has won as many sprint car races since this all happened as he ever won in Cup hes riding a streak of 3 with the Allstars
If Larson has saved and invested his NASCAR money wisely and with the fact that he is doing what he truly loves doing and is one of the best at it without near the amount of mental stress, makes me think he may not miss racing in NASCAR as much as people thought he would.

Last edited:
Was kenseth put in the car as a one year place holder or were they hoping to run him for a while? I think the answer to that question is important to this discussion.

Was kenseth put in the car as a one year place holder or were they hoping to run him for a while? I think the answer to that question is important to this discussion.
I have no facts to back up this comment, but, I feel Ross will go to the 42 next year.

For the time being, what @wi_racefan wrote "Matt brings sponsor stability and above average talent" has all in the world to do with him being asked to fill the void. Matt will be fine, just give him a little time, new car, new crew cheif, new team ,new owner etc etc. plays into his overall performance.

Remember when everyone was singing Kenseth's praises after the first race at Darlington? I do think he would be fairing better if they were allowed some practice time. The 42 CC isn't exactly Knaus or Pearn.

I don't know but I'm with @sdj . I'm pretty sure this is a one year deal while waiting for Melon Man.

I love the dude, but y'all know I'm right.
I dunno if it was a mistake but Matt definitely hasn't done as well since Darlington.

Before we can call the decision a mistake, we have to know what Chip's other choices were. Chastain's priority is Xfinity. Edwards didn't want the job. I don't know who else Chip asked, and how much sponsor pressure he was under. Without the answers to those questions (which we're unlikely to get), I can't agree or disagree. Insufficient data.

A lot of people were hoping for Ross in the car, but I'm not even close to being convinced on him. Matt can maybe pull off a win still(I'm looking at you Dover), but these top tier teams should really be eyeing John Hunter Nemechek right now. That kid is the real deal if I've ever seen it.

I miss KL so much. Young guy that laid it all out on the line every time he took the track.

He's 48 years old. I think he's way past his prime. That's not counting the fact that he hadn't raced in the series for over a year.

You think 48 is old? Matt is in Better shape now than he was 10 years ago. By the way, I know I am speaking to a young man, old is a frame of mind not an actual issue of physical being. I am 68 going on 35. :cheers:

I have this gut feeling, and from seeing how much fun Larson is having, that NASCAR will not have to worry about that. I'm also noticing the car he is driving is getting more sponsors, and even at least one of Kyles old sponsors back. Plus, the more he wins the more sponsors he will attract. Larson being forced out of NASCAR may have been the best thing for him.

I have this gut feeling, and from seeing how much fun Larson is having, that NASCAR will not have to worry about that. I'm also noticing the car he is driving is getting more sponsors, and even at least one of Kyles old sponsors back. Plus, the more he wins the more sponsors he will attract. Larson being forced out of NASCAR may have been the best thing for him.
He said he only ran Cup to fund his dirt activities.

He said he only ran Cup to fund his dirt activities.
He ran Cup to support everything. That is why I said "if he saved and invested wisely" in my post 7. He obviously won't make the same coin on dirt, but as good as he is on dirt he should be able to make a pretty good living with a fraction of the stress. Plus he is still pretty young so he has plenty of time to return later if he wants to.

You think 48 is old? Matt is in Better shape now than he was 10 years ago. By the way, I know I am speaking to a young man, old is a frame of mind not an actual issue of physical being. I am 68 going on 35. :cheers:

Doesn't matter how good of shape he is in. The older we get the slower our reactions get and there's nothing that can be done about that. It happens as sure as the sun will rise in the east tomorrow. He's not as good now as he was 10 years ago. He may improve this season. He may get lucky and win a race. But he's way past championship prime. He's filler for a year. Not to mention Ganassi doesnt really have first rate equipment anyway.

Not to mention Ganassi doesnt really have first rate equipment anyway.
Larson was running in the top 15 last year. Kurt is doing the same this year. If it's not first rate, those two were getting more out of it than my boy.

Back
Top Bottom