Kenseth-Majeski - Slinger Nationals Finish

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-car-out-since-2018-nascar-finale/1643927001/

2a3f988b-30f0-43cc-afd8-9a7aa2e9076c-kenseth04-3.jpg

Reactions: sdj
I wish Matt would run a few/couple Xfinity races given that Dale Jr does.
Okay, I don’t get this. Don’t we already have too many X races won by Cup drivers? At least Sadler had the decency to run the whole season for points.

Great racing for the most part. I like Matt he is one of my favorites and he obviously doesn't need my approval, but l would have preferred a clean pass.

Absolutely fantastic race...took forever for them to get to the front...Majeski had a long run car, Kenseth seemed to be faster on short runs. That caution with under 20 laps to go helped Kenseth tremendously.

Great crowd! For a mid week race...

JMO

this is what short track racing has become. Majeski knew it was coming and expected it. big kenseth fan here. he took it as clean as the game is played these days.

mark martin may not have won being second when the white flew. dale sr. likely would have, with more carnage.

conflict of interest?

earnhardt my all time favorite. mark martin is probably who I would have raced like if that would have ever happened. kenseth personality most like mine. a sarcastic ass who would straddle the line of fairness, but subject to crossing over to the dark side if pushed.

and majeski: get this guy in a good ride in cup. too few quality seats for the talent out there. and the pipeline of the lower series' is clogged with sponsor dollars, not talent.

and majeski: get this guy in a good ride in cup. too few quality seats for the talent out there. and the pipeline of the lower series' is clogged with sponsor dollars, not talent.
Ty Majeski stats in the Xfinity series in Roush equipment which isn't exactly junk:
15 starts, 3 top 10s, 5 DNFs, average finish 23.7

Don't let him anywhere near Cup

Ty Majeski stats in the Xfinity series in Roush equipment which isn't exactly junk:

He was driving the infamous 60 car. Cendric and Briscoe couldn't drive it either. It apparently was set up by monkeys. It even has it's own YouTube vid

Okay, I don’t get this. Don’t we already have too many X races won by Cup drivers? At least Sadler had the decency to run the whole season for points.

They aren't Cup drivers anymore though... and Sadler doesn't have much decency to realize that young up and comer Ryan Preece was running for the owners championship. Dale Jr ran his one yearly Xfinity race at Richmond last year and ran hard, but also ran clean and was very respectful/careful to the competition around him.

Matt Kenseth & Dale Jr was a great battle / friendly rivalry in the late 90's and early 2000's so obviously the nostalgia is talking...

I've never been a fan of the narrative that we should just ban all Cup drivers from Xfinity all together either. The limits in place are done right & the actual Cup drivers haven't been a big issue this year IMO.

Last edited:

Chase Briscoe & Austin Cindric were both terrible in the 60 as well. That 60 team didn't have any sort of stability. I think all 3 drivers should be given a pass in that car.

He drove it in deep, knew exactly what he was doing. Cheap move for someone like Kenseth in this race.
Great move...it won the race, is that not what it is all about? Did not wreck him and he was in position to do it...that is a great driver.

Again...what is with the participation trophy attitude?

Great move...it won the race, is that not what it is all about? Did not wreck him and he was in position to do it...that is a great driver.

Again...what is with the participation trophy attitude?
Just don't agree with you. Driving it in too deep and using another car as the guardrail is just not my style. If he had drove it in deep and it had stuck then I would have said it was a great move. Plenty of short track races are won with both styles. As for the participation trophy...I am not going to stoop that low.

Back
Top Bottom