Kentucky Hype

C

chromehorn

Can someone please explain to me what the big damn buildup was about for this race? Just about everyone was acting like this was going to be such a big damn deal and now nothing but complaining. The fans getting dry humped issue aside, why did anyone think this race was going to be different from any other 1.5 track?

Can someone please explain to me what the big damn buildup was about for this race? Just about everyone was acting like this was going to be such a big damn deal and now nothing but complaining. The fans getting dry humped issue aside, why did anyone think this race was going to be different from any other 1.5 track?

I dunno...There is no answer-_-

Something old something NEW something borrowed something blue

Iowa would have more of a problem with traffic than Texas, Michagan, Atlanta or Kentucky ever had. Have you ever driven past that track.

why did anyone think this race was going to be different from any other 1.5 track?

Well, a lot of the drivers said they wanted to be the first to win at Kentucky. It was the inaugural race - in primetime.
The inside of the track (pits, mostly) was reconstructed for just this race.

I had every reason to believe this was gonna be a barnburner - hype or not.

So it was a letdown. It happens. Next race, please.

I think a lot of it is the stupid ass points system. They were talking to drivers all weekend on SPEED and TNT who said they just had to be conservative to stay inside the top-12 because nothing matters until the Chase starts.

There was one driver who showed up to race for the win, the other 42 showed up to points race. As much of a punk ass little **** as Kyle Busch is, he at least shows up to win... the racing might be a little better if Carl, Jimmie, Jr and Stewart showed up to win every week, not just in the last ten races.

Well, a lot of the drivers said they wanted to be the first to win at Kentucky. It was the inaugural race - in primetime.
The inside of the track (pits, mostly) was reconstructed for just this race.

I had every reason to believe this was gonna be a barnburner - hype or not.

So it was a letdown. It happens. Next race, please.

Every race in the summer months, for the past six years, is a horrible bore.

Sandbagging can keep you in the race to the chase but when the points get reset, wins matter.

You use 29 races to test LIKE 48

#48 had 5 wins going in to the chase last year and hamlin had 6 but there's no doubt that Johnson cranks it up a notch for the final races.

Johnson has had 35 wins over his 5 year cup run...fan or not, that's impressive.

Judging from what I saw from the previous truck and Nationwide races, I thought it was going to be a good race. This year's NNS race sucked too, must have had to do with the new cars.

Shouldn't that read: "something old, something new, something borrowed, something Toyota?" Since the blue oval didn't get the win. ;)

FORD wins very few anymore doesn't mean anything thats what NASCRAP wants anyway

I think it was mostly just NASCAR getting excited over the prospect of seeing full grandstands at a sold out 'Cup race.

I dunno...There is no answer-_-

Could the hype come from step and fetch it ya know the Waltrip brothers, Darrell and his brother Mikey who apparently has arthritis in his right foot and can not depress the accelerator pedal perhaps they should give him hand controls. They are both natives of Owensboro KY.
"Lets go racing" yep both of them go racing to the bank..

#48 had 5 wins going in to the chase last year and hamlin had 6 but there's no doubt that Johnson cranks it up a notch for the final races.

Johnson has had 35 wins over his 5 year cup run...fan or not, that's impressive.

I agree with you, that is impressive. I think that most of the teams try to crank it up a notch for the chase...the 48 team just has it figured out, honestly.

Back on topic however, Kentucky was just another 1.5 miler that could of easily been another fule mileage finish...man I am tired of those!

Maybe the reason some fans are so bored with nascar racing is because they have been fans for to long, and they might need a break. Try something new for a while. Everything gets boring after you do it long enough.

Maybe the reason some fans are so bored with nascar racing is because they have been fans for to long, and they might need a break. Try something new for a while. Everything gets boring after you do it long enough.

I get that argument, and there are a lot of areas in life where that's true. For myself and a lot of people I know, it doesn't translate to the issue of NASCAR's decline. I've been going to local short tracks on a pretty regular basis since I was six, and every time still feels better than the last. NASCAR has got real problems that are unique to NASCAR.

Conversely, when you've followed something like NASCAR so closely for so long, it isn't hard to see when it starts going in the wrong direction. That isn't just the opinion of a few old guys anymore, the handwriting is on the wall. Fans of all demographics are jumping ship, and sponsors, or in the case of Red Bull, entire teams are taking their money elsewhere. The NASCAR brass have been on a run lately where they can't stay out of their own way, going forward with decisions that don't get the least bit of fan approval, i.e. the chase wildcard, adding unpopular tracks to the schedule, removing popular ones, the list goes on and on and the longer it gets, the more outcry there is.

I still say to each his own, and if you like what you're watching, more power to you. Love it or hate it though, there is no longer any way around the fact that NASCAR is in a bad way.

Excellent point. I also get the feeling that some people are just looking for something to complain about.

Money. Fans had it, Bruton wanted it. That's why he added 40,000 seats and no extra parking. Then he took 20% of his existing parking and turned it into camping spots for rent. Then he failed to hire enough parking attendants or shuttle bus drivers to handle even half the crowd he himself was predicting.

Then he blamed it all on I71, which worked fine until all those fans got to his overflowing parking lots.

Back
Top Bottom