Keselowski offered part ownership at RFR

Biggreen695

Team Owner
My apologies if there is a thread on this already, I didnt see it but doesn't mean it isn't there.

Career suicide or a smart move?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

While it's definitely possible, I remember lots of similar rumors with Bubba last year (but for different teams). That being said it does seem like Roush is improving a lot this year, and they could be banking on the new car evening things up next year.

Good time to switch IMO. Positive points are Kez has some racing left in him, the new car coming out is going to even things up a bit, he has prior experience managing a multi truck team.
Penske is not gonna match RFRs offer, so at this point in his career arc, it might make money sense to do it. But, if he does, the chance of a 'ship is certainly less.

It makes perfect sense. He's obviously interested in being a team owner considering he already had BKR but closed it to convert that space into his engineering company. Now he can have his cake and eat it too with ownership in a turn-key Cup operation. It sets him up for the long haul too considering he's still only 37, has some driving left in him, and then always has a revenue stream and an important position in the sport to maintain into his old age.

You never turn down the opportunity to buy into an organization especially when the cost is relatively low (or should be) based on recent performance of that org

Penske is not gonna match RFRs offer, so at this point in his career arc, it might make money sense to do it. But, if he does, the chance of a 'ship is certainly less.
My guess would be the advantage of going with Roush is that there is a team with equipment in place compared to having to start your own team from scratch from nothing.

Brad is certainly not the first to have this offer. Rusty became a partner at Team Penske. Jeff became a partner at HMS and Tony became a partner at SHR.
Dale Sr started his own team while driving for RCR and last year Denny did the same.
In all cases mentioned above, the driver becoming an owner has been the right move. I think in this case Brad also will do well at being a cup owner.
The small print is the danger. Brad will certainly bring that team up in the ranks as he could be very helpful with the other driver. Getting quality CC and the right team to prepare the cars in house is the key.

Unless Brad plans to retire from racing, I think it would be a bad move. What has RFR done lately? I see it as a money pit.

I really like Brad. I think he still needs an elite organization to win another championship. Having said that, the new car changes the game dramatically. Tough call.

Unless Brad plans to retire from racing, I think it would be a bad move. What has RFR done lately? I see it as a money pit.
Lately doesn't matter going into 2022. The next-gen cars are almost completely spec. Everybody runs the same chassis and suspension parts. In terms of power he'll have the same Roush-Yates engines he's driving now.

Personally I think the move would be good for Brad. The Penske relationship hasn’t been the same the past couple years and him and Logano aren’t completely on the same page anymore. He has had success being a owner before plus with the next-gen being more spec I don’t see it as a bad move.

Brad was extremely vocal about the negatives of the new racing package the killed horsepower and they all basically ran wide open, saying that it doesn’t really make them race car drivers anymore.

Now with the new car evening out the playing field, he’s embracing that and hoping he can find more success with less advantages.

If you can’t beat em, join em.

Has anything been announced on sponsorship? When I looked at the 2022 page for Jayski, everything listed was questionable? Wouldn't mind them keeping that green and black motif on their test car.

Has anything been announced on sponsorship? When I looked at the 2022 page for Jayski, everything listed was questionable? Wouldn't mind them keeping that green and black motif on their test car.
that'd be a nice start to a Castrol scheme IMO

Back
Top Bottom