Kevin Harvick Fan Club Meeting

I'd be down...would that mean we could talk made smack about "other" drivers...that cross Harvick? A certain plastics manufacturer, perhaps?

There are a lot of things to discuss my friend.

But right now, :idunno:

You know, I've only eaten there once, however I must say Carls Jr. serves those chili cheeseburgers that just blow the entire competition away. So I'm pretty undecided on Sonic.

I agree, however Carls Jr's fries just cant beat out McDonalds's.

they dont' have a sonics, or a carl jr's around where i live so i can't comment on that, but i can deffinatly agree with the fact that mcdonalds has the best fries and ketchup

Yo man, I just noticed something, Sonic wont be on the 29 in 2004.

Yeah, I thought it was just an error or something. Sonic wont be on the car. I wonder if Smirnoff Ice has signed onto the car yet. I know Duracell has.

That was an interesting interview they had with Kevin. Nothing interesting but interesting.

Man, the 2004 #29 GM Goodwrench 1/24 Diecast looks good, and so does Dale Jr's #8 Oreo Chevy for the Busch Series

From RPM.ESPN.com

Harvick and team have it all
By Rupen Fofaria
Special to ESPN.com

With Matt Kenseth running away with the Winston Cup championship, Kevin Harvick was pretty sure by the end of the season that he wasn't going to win a title in 2003. But he darn sure wanted to finish in the top five.

After a sluggish start when strategy and performance was the problem -- not bad racing luck -- the team found a way to jump from as low as 18th in the points standings to as high as second. With their nails dirty and their bodies worn from a season of hard work, the hope was just to walk away with a top five and use it as momentum for 2004.

But when Harvick got stuck in the middle of a wreck at Phoenix, a wreck he had no chance of avoiding, and finished 36th in the third-to-last race of the year, it dropped him to sixth in the points race with Ryan Newman and Jeff Gordon ahead of him. Tired and frustrated, a lesser team might have unraveled.

But Harvick's team just got stronger, and showed why they are now a full-fledged championship contender.

"It's very realistic," Harvick said at the time of climbing back into the top five. "We may have dropped in the points, but that's already happened to us once this season and everyone saw what we did.

"There was nothing we could do to change what happened last Sunday. You can't control what other people do on the racetrack. All you can do is control what goes on with this team. It was awesome to see how quickly this crew got the car back in racing condition after the wreck. That just shows how strong we are."

Harvick posted a hard-fought 15th at North Carolina Speedway the next weekend to maintain his spot at sixth. Then he sealed the deal with a runner-up performance in the season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, knocking Newman out of the top five and finishing fifth.

It was a tribute to hard work and determination. And a sign, Harvick says, of things to come.

After a tough year in 2002, Kevin Harvick was back in the championship chase in 2003.

"The No. 29 GM Goodwrench racing team is going to be one to reckon with," he said of next season. "We showed throughout the middle part of the season what we could do. ... I'm proud of what we were able to accomplish this season. We've come a long way and I think that will give us an edge next year."

When Harvick finished in the top 10 during his rookie year, after having missed the Daytona 500, the expectations were immense for the rookie of the year. But 2002 was a different story. Harvick finished 21st in a season when he posted six of his seven career DNFs.

Suddenly, there was talk that his successful debut campaign was more a product of the team that was assembled for Dale Earnhardt in 2001 than the driver who ended up behind the wheel for most of that year.

At the start of 2003, Harvick aimed to quiet the critics. And though it wasn't smooth and consistent from start to finish like Kenseth's championship performance, it was certainly effective.

Harvick took his knocks and bounced back every time. He finally raced a full 36-race schedule and didn't post a single DNF. (In 2001, Dale Earnhardt, not Harvick, started the Daytona 500 and in 2002 Harvick was suspended for the spring race at Martinsville).

Meanwhile, with one victory -- at the Brickyard 400 no less -- 11 top fives and 18 top 10s, the No. 29 asserted itself as one of the top programs in Cup racing today. And with a late season stretch that saw Harvick post 14 top 10s in the season's final 19 events, the 28-year-old proved that, with the right kind of luck, he can be every bit as consistent as a champion needs to be.

"It's only a matter of consistency," he said, "and I think we are getting closer and closer every year."

Although there are several changes taking place at Richard Childress Racing, including bringing in a new driver and having a couple of crew chiefs swap teams, Harvick's team will remain essentially the same. And Childress believes the squad can ride last year's momentum right into a fast start to 2004.

"We've made a lot of progress with our plate program and I believe we can get off to a good start at the (Daytona) 500," Childress said. "(The 29) has just come a long way since what happened in 2002 and I can't say enough about their focus and their determination. They want to win a championship."

In 2004, there's no reason why they can't.

We've had Riggs10fan, DirtyMo1381529, esorlxaw, Gollum, Flametamer, bowtie and Majestyx show up.

Where the hell is the other lot of us?

Find me :p

Attachments

• findcat.jpg
    findcat.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 141
Kat is well-hidden. Welcome to the meeting Kat. How have you been doing?

Sonic not on the 29 in 2004? DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's usually how I meet him every year.... because of Sonic.

Kat been reading posts, feeding Gollum :wub: and just taking kat naps. Kat not feeling well.

Attachments

• Kat_in_a_bag.jpg
    Kat_in_a_bag.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 117
Hope you're feeling better Kat and welcome to the meeting slick-nick.

Going just fine, offseason is killing me, sitting here watching some races I recorded especially this year's Brickyard 400. Maybe painting a few NR2003 cars that are pretty sweet looking and thats 'bout it.

Back
Top Bottom