Kevin Harvick Is The Real Nascar Sprint Cup CHampion For 2016.

FearThe4

Team Owner
I don't give a crap what Nascar and Jimmie Johnson say about it but Kevin is the Champion and that's all that needs to be said about it.

I don't give a crap what Nascar and Jimmie Johnson say about it but Kevin is the Champion and that's all that needs to be said about it.

Well you can declare him champion if it makes you feel better, but that is about as far it goes.

As a Harvick fan that hates the current points system or the elimination resets I have to face reality.
He didnt satisfy the sanctioning bodies pre-established criteria to be the champion.
He didnt get the trophy or the check.
He will get the championship honours at the banquet.
And the record books will not recognize him as the champion either.
This thread is probably as good as it gets. I am glad that the revisionist history will not happen in this case.

Enjoy.

Well you can declare him champion if it makes you feel better, but that is about as far it goes.

As a Harvick fan that hates the current points system or the elimination resets I have to face reality.
He didnt satisfy the sanctioning bodies pre-established criteria to be the champion.
This thread is probably as good as it gets. I am glad that the revisionist history will not happen in this case.

Enjoy.

His salary is already huge tho.

Why can't they donate it to the website and distribute it for the active members of the forum... Just an idea.

Enjoy.

To late to correct but I meant to say he will not get the championship honors at the banquet...

Without the Chase Jimmie would maybe have 1 title but nowhere near 7 so this crap that says he in Petty and Earnhardt's league also needs to stop cause he nowhere near their level and never will be.

Without the Chase Jimmie would maybe have 1 title but nowhere near 7 so this crap that says he in Petty and Earnhardt's league also needs to stop cause he nowhere near their level and never will be.
He would have 3 (2006,2009,2013). I hate Johnson but try again

Even though he'd have fewer championships without a chase, I think JJ is definitely in Earnhardt's league. He already has 4 more wins than Earnhardt had despite having 133 fewer starts than Earnhardt.

And Kasey is the champion in the system I invented

Its all theory. All the teams would of used diffrent strategies if the chase did not exist. They would be playing to a different set of rules, racing for points would mean more. Once they got that first win they'd try just as hard next wknd, instead of trying some new setups, cause what the hell we're in the chase, doesn't matter if it doesn't work and we finish 30th. Maybe Kevin would of ended up first in points, maybe not, we'll never no.

No one of any importance argues about it now.
I still really enjoy to see the comparisons of the old point system to the Chase.... I think it's interesting. There is no need to argue about it..... what we have is what we have no matter who likes it or doesn't...... I like the old system better.... but...... it's never to be again so..... (Evidently I never got the call from my buddy Brian when he was trying to structure this thing).........:rolleyes:

Harvick is from Bakersfield.

He's lucky he's not in jail for stealing cars. 1 Cup is far more than he deserves.

The champion according to the rule book is Johnson. I don't think anyone can argue against his 80 wins even if they question his seven Championships. As much as I feel the current system is flawed and crowns a "crapshoot" champion, it is what it is.
I compare it to football. I am a fan of the NY Giants and I love the four Lombardi trophies they have won since I became a fan in the early 80s but Buffalo and New England (both times) were the better teams in those Super Bowls and yet the Giants have hoisted the Trophy.
I don't believe the old points system is ever returning. Heck, I would favor the old Chase system but it is what it is. We could choose to be fans or take our interest, attention and money elsewhere.

The champion according to the rule book is Johnson. I don't think anyone can argue against his 80 wins even if they question his seven Championships. As much as I feel the current system is flawed and crowns a "crapshoot" champion, it is what it is.
I compare it to football. I am a fan of the NY Giants and I love the four Lombardi trophies they have won since I became a fan in the early 80s but Buffalo and New England (both times) were the better teams in those Super Bowls and yet the Giants have hoisted the Trophy.
I don't believe the old points system is ever returning. Heck, I would favor the old Chase system but it is what it is. We could choose to be fans or take our interest, attention and money elsewhere.
I don't agree with comparing football to auto racing. I agree with the fact that if you don't like it then you should do something else.
I watch the first 26 races and hope my two drivers win the majority of those races. Then I do something else and I really don't care who gets the trophy after a flawed point system and a silly playoff format.

aed647_0587f9888ead4b5aad7df0860b82a560.jpg

First off, Petty had his era which was pre 79
Next Earnhardt has his era 80 forward to his death.
Next Johnson had his era and it isn't over yet.

Petty wasn't Earnhardt, Earnhardt wasn't Petty and Johnson isn't either of them. They are 3 men who won 7 championships each racing under the conditions of their own era, All are equal,none better than the other. Quit trying to compare them and say one was better than the other.

First off, Petty had his era which was pre 79
Next Earnhardt has his era 80 forward to his death.
Next Johnson had his era and it isn't over yet.

Petty wasn't Earnhardt, Earnhardt wasn't Petty and Johnson isn't either of them. They are 3 men who won 7 championships each racing under the conditions of their own era, All are equal,none better than the other. Quit trying to compare them and say one was better than the other.
Nailed it.

Update your avi. I did.

That's fine. It just proves the quality of the poster who makes accusations without shedding even the slightest amount of light on the subject.
:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom