kevin harvicks move

What would you call kevin harvicks move on gordon?

• Good glad he got another position.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idiotic, had plenty of room to go around

• One of those racing deals

• He had car problems

• Other

• Total voters
While I am sure that it didn't hurt Kevins feelings to hit Jeff to me it was Jeffs responsiblity to make sure he was out of the way when he knew that he was running out of gas. With Jeff running for the title he knows that it is better to loose a few positions than put yourself in a position to get wrecked and loose a lot more.

I am with Old Goat. I don't think Kevin felt sorry about it since Jeff poped him pretty good 2 or 3 laps earlyer. But I think it was one of those things. And both will live to race next week. :D

It cost Kevin a spot. The 48 got around him. That was one the worst places to run out of gas too.

I didn't see it, but I give Kevin Harvick some credit. He isn't nearly as dangerous as he used to be. He has really matured a lot as a driver.

I saw the whole race, and I saw kevin drive around plenty of cars to gain positions, it took awhile for kevin to get to jeff even after he ran out of gas. Not only did he hit him once, he also hit the back couterpanel after the initial hit on the back end, which turned him around. My vote is idiotic.

hey it was one of those things were he slowed up and kevin was behind it.

Originally posted by Mustang@Aug 10 2003, 08:27 PM
I saw the whole race, and I saw kevin drive around plenty of cars to gain positions, it took awhile for kevin to get to jeff even after he ran out of gas. Not only did he hit him once, he also hit the back couterpanel after the initial hit on the back end, which turned him around. My vote is idiotic.
Thats right Kevin did drive around plenty of cars to gain position which is why he didn't have to hit Gordon to pass him when he was out of gas.

Jr gave a little insight that we ahven't heard yet.

Earnhardt Jr., however, was upset at Jeff Gordon, who he accused of trying to block drivers on the final lap even after his No. 24 Chevrolet ran out of gas.

"He was running in front of me and wherever I went, he went so I knew he was trying to block me," Earnhardt Jr. said. "I ran into the back of him and tried not to kill him.

Blah, Jeff should have been out of the racing groove. He knows damn good and well that there is a possibility of cars racing hard to the checkered flag and where he was at on the track was not the place to be.

Jeff Gordon should have got out of the way, he was in the racing groove, not up to speed he was a rolling obstacle. Dale Jr. had the same problem with Gordon in front of him and got around him. Dale Jr. said Gordon was trying to block him while he was out of gas. I think it was an idiotic move on Gordons part.

An idiotic move by Jeff Gordon, but it was at the heat of the moment, and I sure as hell know any real driver will be protecting their position regardless on the last lap. But he was a moving roadblock and a hazard out there blocking other drivers going almost twice his speed. Had he been thinking championship he probably would have moved over.

Gordon should have gotten out of the way. how was harvick to know he was out of gas. some people say the spotter should have told him. but I think the spotter(s) should be paying attention to his own radio instead of listening to the 24 radio.
JMO
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I agree with what Kevin said..
'When you run out of gas, get out of the racing groove.'

Just one of those things, Jeff probably should have moved out of the way, Kevin probably should have tried a little harder to go around him, but at the end of the day, it's just one of those things and that's what I voted for.

I said it was a racin deal. Gordon really should have given them a little room, but you can't blame him for wanting to try and hold those guys off.

Originally posted by DirtyMo1381529@Aug 11 2003, 10:23 AM
I said it was a racin deal. Gordon really should have given them a little room, but you can't blame him for wanting to try and hold those guys off.
How can you hold them off when you can't accelerate and move around. I just can't figure out what he was thinking.

While I don't think Harvick was "Idiotic" as the poll reads, I did feel that Harvick had room to go around Jeff. And Harvick's comments about Jeff "zigging and zagging" was hilarious. Certainly you are going to be zigging and zagging when someone tags you from behind not once but twice. But, in the end, Jeff did say that it was the teams fault that he ran out of fuel, so....... :unsure:

Originally posted by bowtie+Aug 11 2003, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Aug 11 2003, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DirtyMo1381529@Aug 11 2003, 10:23 AM
I said it was a racin deal.&nbsp; Gordon really should have given them a little room, but you can't blame him for wanting to try and hold those guys off.
How can you hold them off when you can't accelerate and move around. I just can't figure out what he was thinking. [/b][/quote]
And, if the engine isn't running, then there is no power steering! You can't just jerk the car out of the way real easy either!!! He was as far over to the left of the track as he could get without being in the grass. I guess that is what he should have done, right?????? :wacko:

Originally posted by majestyx+Aug 11 2003, 10:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Aug 11 2003, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bowtie@Aug 11 2003, 11:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--DirtyMo1381529
@Aug 11 2003, 10:23 AM
I said it was a racin deal.  Gordon really should have given them a little room, but you can't blame him for wanting to try and hold those guys off.

How can you hold them off when you can't accelerate and move around. I just can't figure out what he was thinking.
And, if the engine isn't running, then there is no power steering! You can't just jerk the car out of the way real easy either!!! He was as far over to the left of the track as he could get without being in the grass. I guess that is what he should have done, right?????? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
Easy Maj. What are you doing up this time of the day anyway? What I think he should have done was swing around toward the pitroad entrance and been out of the way and not out in the racing groove.

Jeff either should have hugged the bottom of the race track (towards the pit road entrance) coming out of turn 11, or he should have taken the high line through turn 11 to begin with. I'm more inclined to lead towards the latter. You say that he couldn't get out of the groove quickly - he never should have been in the groove to begin with. Kevin hit Jeff the first time while he was in the groove in the middle of turn 11. Kevin couldn't go the out side, because if you get out of the groove in turn 11 at full speed, it's a one-way trip into the guardrail. If Jeff had just moved up a lane to begin with, Kevin would have had room to pass him in turn 11, and none of this would be an issue. Maybe Kevin shouldn't have been so aggressive with the bumper, but when a driver is well off the pace and out of gas, such as Jeff was, it is their responsibility to get out of the way and lets the cars by who are running at full speed.

Maybe Jeff was trying to hold Kevin up so JJ could get past him. That's why he didn't get out of the groove. And it did give Jj one more spot.

Originally posted by Gollum@Aug 11 2003, 02:26 PM
Maybe Jeff was trying to hold Kevin up so JJ could get past him. That's why he didn't get out of the groove. And it did give Jj one more spot.
Ya never know...

Originally posted by Gollum@Aug 11 2003, 01:26 PM
Oh, come on...Jeff would never do something like that! I mean, he doesn't believe in letting a team mate have a lap back, does he? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom