Kudos to NASCAR

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
I love what NASCAR is doing with these new cars. This sport should be about skill, not about equipment. I think having an advantage because of equipment is an absolute joke.

NASCAR gets a lot of criticism for a number of things. That said, I've been one of their supporters for all their decisions. Their willingness to try new things is great for the future of this sport. I like that they're adding road courses to the schedule. We fans have clamored for more road courses for years, & NASCAR finally caved in to our wishes.

Rotating the all-star event to different tracks is an absolute no-brainer. The same thing applies for non points events. I'm surprised it took the so long to figure that the all-star race should be @ different tracks every year.

The safety aspect is something worth applauding. We haven't had a death in two decades, which is amazing for such a dangerous sport.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming season. I think we're gonna see many surprises, & the truly skilled drivers will finally come out on top.

I love what NASCAR is doing with these new cars. This sport should be about skill, not about equipment. I think having an advantage because of equipment is an absolute joke.

NASCAR gets a lot of criticism for a number of things. That said, I've been one of their supporters for all their decisions. Their willingness to try new things is great for the future of this sport. I like that they're adding road courses to the schedule. We fans have clamored for more road courses for years, & NASCAR finally caved in to our wishes.

Rotating the all-star event to different tracks is an absolute no-brainer. The same thing applies for non points events. I'm surprised it took the so long to figure that the all-star race should be @ different tracks every year.

The safety aspect is something worth applauding. We haven't had a death in two decades, which is amazing for such a dangerous sport.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming season. I think we're gonna see many surprises, & the truly skilled drivers will finally come out on top.
Yep, this might be the year Alex Bowman gets his first championship. :punkrocke

Where has it been said the All-Star race will rotate? Not knocking your point but isn’t it at Texas?

I'm not saying Larson isn't skilled. There's no denying that he had an advantage over others because of his equipment though.

The last guy driving the #5 had the same advantage, but, I do not remember him winning a championship nor had he been off a year, started with a new team and crew chief. Larson is one of those guys that was born to do this well, natural born talent behind the wheel of all the different series he races in.

Does equipment make a difference, hell yeah it makes a difference, but, you can not make a silk purse out of a sows ear, (reference Gannasi equipment) I do not care who you are. I am saying he gets all there is out of the equipment every lap and adjusts to conditions rapidly.

PS: Wait till Melon Man gets in first class equipment! :booya:

The last guy driving the #5 had the same advantage, but, I do not remember him winning a championship nor had he been off a year, started with a new team and crew chief. Larson is one of those guys that was born to do this well, natural born talent behind the wheel of all the different series he races in.

Does equipment make a difference, hell yeah it makes a difference, but, you can not make a silk purse out of a sows ear, (reference Gannasi equipment) I do not care who you are. I am saying he gets all there is out of the equipment every lap and adjusts to conditions rapidly.

PS: Wait till Melon Man gets in first class equipment! :booya:
Well said. Larson could probably get a few top-20's (excluding plate tracks) out of a RWR car, but Jeffrey Earnhardt would probably not get more than a few top-10's (including plate tracks) in the #5

Well said. Larson could probably get a few top-20's (excluding plate tracks) out of a RWR car, but Jeffrey Earnhardt would probably not get more than a few top-10's (including plate tracks) in the #5
That proves my point. Does Larson get 10 wins & the championship in a Roush or RCR car last year? I'm glad races won't be decided by equipment anymore. It'll be good for the sport.

Larson is an all time talent, which is why he landed a ride @ Hendrick in the first place. I expect big things out of him this year, but I don't think he'll be as dominant as last year because of the new car.

That proves my point. Does Larson get 10 wins & the championship in a Roush or RCR car last year? I'm glad races won't be decided by equipment anymore. It'll be good for the sport.

Larson is an all time talent, which is why he landed a ride @ Hendrick in the first place. I expect big things out of him this year, but I don't think he'll be as dominant as last year because of the new car.
Your point was proved years ago when Larson drove for Ganassi. There were endless discussions about the slower performance of the Ganassi car compared to...you name it. Most fans who followed the sport fairly close knew back then that Larson was going to be a force to be reckoned with in Nascar

Maybe I'm wrong but all I see is the field getting closer, but the top teams will still be the top teams.
But maybe the difference will be much smaller making it possible for those close chasers to grab a win. Just look at Harvick's 20 and 21 seasons.

He was mediocre with Ganassi. Fact. He drove the Hendrick car well. The Hendrick car was superior, and we all know why. Fact.

I think having an advantage because of equipment is an absolute joke.
That's racing. It's a team sport. I hate spec. Having said that, I am 100% behind the NextGen. Just enough spec for cost containment, but just enough under the hood for the competition to be interesting from a manufacturer's perspective. You take the manufacturers out of this sport, and the sport dies. The manufacturers want to compete.

That's racing. It's a team sport. I hate spec.
I like spec when it's clear that's how the series operates; BOP series, too. Please don't equalize performance across competing manufacturers but still pretend the brands are unrestricted and not discriminated; I had chili last night and there's already enough smoke up my @$$.

I think the Next Gen car is going to bring plenty of surprises next year when they start racing them for real. I'm looking forward to the chaos that is created at the first of the year before the teams start getting it down. There could be some drivers in victory lane that usually don't make it in there. Big paychecks really help smaller teams.

I think the Next Gen car is going to bring plenty of surprises next year when they start racing them for real. I'm looking forward to the chaos that is created at the first of the year before the teams start getting it down. There could be some drivers in victory lane that usually don't make it in there. Big paychecks really help smaller teams.
I agree, but we won't see any shock wins IMO.

Please don't equalize performance across competing manufacturers but still pretend the brands are unrestricted and not discriminated;
I am not sure I even know what this means frankly.

I am not sure I even know what this means frankly.
Don't pretend you're not equalizing the cars. Don't pretend each brand has more in common with what's in their showrooms than they have in common with their on-track competitors.

Don't pretend you're not equalizing the cars. Don't pretend each brand has more in common with what's in their showrooms than they have in common with their on-track competitors.
I am not pretending anything really because I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. I think I ran out of IQ points. Isn't the first time I am sure you would agree.

Who would have to win it to have it be considered a shock?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Great question, and maybe one for a thread...maybe not just exclusive to Daytona?

Back
Top Bottom