Kurt Busch and DEI?

66mustang

#1 Rumors abound: hearing that Steve Park could be replaced as the driver of the #1 Pennzoil Chevy before the races at Lowe's Motor Speedway, sources have Jason Keller as the possible replacement driver. Keller is slated to driver the #81 DEI car at Checiagoland in July.
AND The LTN HOUR radio show reports that Kurt Busch, driver of the #97 Rubbermaid/Sharpie Roush Racing Ford will drive the #1 DEI Chevy in 2004.(4-21-2003)

Boy, I wonder where they pulled that from....

Sounds strangely like a repeat of last season. The rumors were virtually identical.

Looks like you pulled this off Jayski. Interesting only in that the last item about Kurt Busch goes without comment from him. The first is his own.

Seems to me I recall that Kurt is signed with Roush Racing until about 2006. Jayski should know this and make mention of it.

i would love it!!!!! have been looking for a driver to pull for since dale died. I really like Kurt but i can not pull for a Ford.

97forever what do you think ??

I would love to see kurt in that ride or even better yet how about the 31 or 30 car of RCR?, but it ain't going to happen.

Atwood is no better than Park, Don't need him, don't want him.

Harvick and Busch teamates? Why not through Biffle in the mix too.

:rolleyes: :p :lol:

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Apr 21 2003, 10:20 AM

Seems to me I recall that Kurt is signed with Roush Racing until about 2006. Jayski should know this and make mention of it.
He has mentioned it now!

If that was to happen I think it would be the first change among big drivers in the last couple years. I can see kurt in the Pennzoil Chevy ( if Pennzoil will still be at DEI next year.) I don't know what the Rubbermade contract is up but if its next year maybe the story was twisted wrong along the way and it could be Pennzoil going to the 97 car?

i thought i read penzoil might be going to roush next year, forget where tho

Maybe Jayski reads here.....LOL ;)

Don't know about you PB, but I would consider Ricky Rudd for Elliott Sadler a pretty big move among a name driver, or maybe you were referring to something else.

Rubbermaid is on the same schedule as Kirk, through 2006. Pennzoil is up for renewal, again.

It is only natural to question where this team is going, be it sponsor or personnel. Three top 10's over the past 41 races or so can't be considered gettin' it done.

Kurt is with Roush through '06 and probably beyond.Pennzoil,on the other hand,wants a higher profile driver than Park.Whatever that means.Just the rumor mill churning.

( And I would rather eat worms as see Kurt in a Chevy!! :p )

I very seriously doubt that Roush Racing will let Kurt Busch slip out of their hands. ;) He is one of the best drivers and there is no way he is going, but I can definetely see Pennzoil maybe going to Jeff Burton's team. They dont have a sponsor for next year do they? :unsure:

I can't see Busch going to the 1 car. Park leaving yes and being replaced but not with Busch. I would like to see Jeff Burton there. But I dout that will happen also.

HeHeHe....Park is out at DEI...but his replacement is not Kurt Busch. As you know after Jack lost Kyle Busch to Hendrick...there is NO WAY he is going to lose the driver that will probably get him his 1st WC title to DEI.

But even before that happened, the #1 ride has been groomed for none other than Kerry Earnhardt. Ever since Steve's accident at Darlington, that ride has been rumored to be his. His younger brother has had a easy go at it since he joined the Busch series & the Old Man wanted to make sure his pride & joy had the same. The Old Man was very shrewed too, making sure his sons were ready for the big time before paving the road in gold.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Apr 22 2003, 02:05 AM
HeHeHe....Park is out at DEI...but his replacement is not Kurt Busch. As you know after Jack lost Kyle Busch to Hendrick...there is NO WAY he is going to lose the driver that will probably get him his 1st WC title to DEI.

But even before that happened, the #1 ride has been groomed for none other than Kerry Earnhardt. Ever since Steve's accident at Darlington, that ride has been rumored to be his. His younger brother has had a easy go at it since he joined the Busch series & the Old Man wanted to make sure his pride & joy had the same. The Old Man was very shrewed too, making sure his sons were ready for the big time before paving the road in gold.
WTF are you talking about ? Never heard that one just can't see DEI giving Kerry a ride at this point.

Originally posted by 97forever@Apr 21 2003, 10:04 PM
Kurt is with Roush through '06 and probably beyond.Pennzoil,on the other hand,wants a higher profile driver than Park.Whatever that means.Just the rumor mill churning.

( And I would rather eat worms as see Kurt in a Chevy!! :p )
it would make my day to see Kurt in a chevy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I guess DEI likes Kurts driving style lol

crash5-guy-ani-avatar.gif

:bounce:

i highly doubt kurt getting the 1car. Jack wouldn't let him leave without one hell of a fight. I think that next year DEI should try and get Dave Blaney and Bootie Barker for the 1 car.

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Apr 21 2003, 02:47 PM
Maybe Jayski reads here.....LOL ;)

Don't know about you PB, but I would consider Ricky Rudd for Elliott Sadler a pretty big move among a name driver, or maybe you were referring to something else.

Well IMO Elliot is not a big name driver YET!!!

I like Kerry Earnhardt. But Kerry is not cup material now. So I don't think he will get the one car. He could but I dout it.

I can't believe that rumors are flying around about Kurt Busch driving the #1. That's a load of bs if I've heard one. The chances of Kurt Busch leaving Roush right now are slim to nill.

An inside source tells me that Shane Hmiel is still the #1 candidate for the #1 car. Though don't be surprised that more name will be rumored about going into that car, b/c now that people think Steve is going to be replaced, the floodgates for rumors has opened.

In reality, DEI is considering their options. They have an up-and-coming driver in the Busch series and a Cup driver that isn't performing. They have to decide if they are ready to move Shane up, and if they are ready to push Park out.

If you hear any other rumors, then that is what they are.

I would only hope that the managment at DEI has better judgement than to put Shane in the 1 The boy hasen't done anything to speak of in a bush car and no experence in a cup car.
Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Buckshot once wasn't such a bad driver. He even had an excellent Cup debut in the #8 Circuit City car. Then his career began to make a sharp arc downwards.

How much of Buckshot's demise could be attributed to PE? That is one jinxed group. :eek:

DEI will go after Sam Hornish from the IRL for a contract for next year! This year will be a series of never been's ^_^

WHY would kurt leave rousch? doesnt make sense to me. Unless Dale Sr. was his hero, that would make sense :blink:

Originally posted by judas1@Apr 25 2003, 03:14 PM
WHY would kurt leave rousch? doesnt make sense to me. Unless Dale Sr. was his hero, that would make sense :blink:
Jack Roush won't let him get away...I could be wrong...but I am pretty sure about this one!

I don't think Shane is the man for the job. I know DEI wants Sam and he has ties to Penz. But to rule someone out just because they haven't performed well in Busch is not a strong argument. Look at McMurray, J. Johnson, and Stewart. They didn't do much in Busch but they are doing just fine in Cup.

I could see Sam Hornish in the #1 car, he has a lot of raw talent. I think it would be a good match.

I would however pick Mike Wallace for that ride if I was making the decisions at DEI. I think givin the right equipment, that guy can win in cup.
I'm not making the dicisions there so my opinion doesn't squat.

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Apr 21 2003, 02:26 PM
i would love it!!!!! have been looking for a driver to pull for since dale died. I really like Kurt but i can not pull for a Ford.

Hell the cars what make Bush so good.

Originally posted by EJL+Apr 26 2003, 02:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EJL @ Apr 26 2003, 02:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--de7xwcc@Apr 21 2003, 02:26 PM
i would love it!!!!!  have been looking for a driver to pull for since dale died. I really like Kurt but i can not pull for a Ford.

Hell the cars what make Bush so good. [/b][/quote]
BS your trying to tell me that the only thing that makes Bush go fast are the cars.

God what a bonehead

Back
Top Bottom