Kurt Busch Makes Retirement Official

The article makes me believe he’s gonna step away from the whole scene.

Sad day for the sport, but you know what I'm glad to see Kurt turn into the elder statemen he is. Bubba, Tyler, and all of the TRD youngsters think the world of Kurt. The whole garage does and I hope he sticks around with 23XI. Maybe get involved with the sanctioning body.

Unfortunate how his career was shut down prematurely, but seeing him get to where he is now is more than rewarding.

Sad day for the sport, but you know what I'm glad to see Kurt turn into the elder statemen he is. Bubba, Tyler, and all of the TRD youngsters think the world of Kurt. The whole garage does and I hope he sticks around with 23XI. Maybe get involved with the sanctioning body.

Unfortunate how his career was shut down prematurely, but seeing him get to where he is now is more than rewarding.
Well said. The growth in maturity through the years was truly remarkable and great thing to watch. He seemed like a much more settled and happier person in the later years of his career.
I would have liked to have seen him race a few more years, but still a sucess story.

I think he is a first ballot HoF entry. That speaks volumes about his talent and his transformation or growth as an individual.

Well said. The growth in maturity through the years was truly remarkable and great thing to watch. He seemed like a much more settled and happier person in the later years of his career.
I would have liked to have seen him race a few more years, but still a sucess story.

I think he is a first ballot HoF entry. That speaks volumes about his talent and his transformation or growth as an individual.
We talk a lot about mental health these days, but give very little grace for those who struggle. I am of the belief that Kurt is an example of someone who went to work on himself, and is in a better place.

Kurt’s career evolution is what sports are all about. Rookie hot shot punk. Series champion way early on. Burnt bridges. Off the track meltdowns in his prime. Came back humble and turned into a veteran presence that elevated every race team drove for.

To me, he’s the modern era Ricky Rudd with a championship. Drove for several teams. Won at least one race almost every year he competed. Easy HOFer.

I commend Kurt for the way in which he turned his attitude, career, and life around for the better. He was always a highly entertaining driver and I hope he’s eventually well enough eniugh to cross off whatever racing bucket list items he may have. It’s great to see his passion for the sport and 23XI he still has.

Even though he defeated one of my favorites that day, his stunning near-miss loose wheel at Homestead’s pit entry before going on to clinch the title in 2004 was one of the craziest moments in one of the greatest races I remember.

Kurt Busch went from the most unlikeable star in the sport to the most likeable in a short amount of time. His stint @ Phoenix Racing was probably a very humbling experience. He showed flashes of good attitude @ SHR, & with Ganassi we started to see a different Kurt.

He had an awesome career, will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He has the distinction of being at the best finish in the history of NASCAR, 2003 Darlington. Also, not many people can say they had a 20+ year career at the highest level of stock car racing.

Hopefully, Kurt will replace Jr. and Burton in the booth real soon.

I think we need 36 races of Jr and Burton myself.

In fact, they should move to Sunday Night Football after the season and then, in the spring, call Peacock’s MLB schedule.

Every sporting event would seem more urgent and exciting.

I think we need 36 races of Jr and Burton myself.

In fact, they should move to Sunday Night Football after the season and then, in the spring, call Peacock’s MLB schedule.

Every sporting event would seem more urgent and exciting.
They would be great for stick an ball, move them over there and don't forget to take the Boomer gerb.

They would be great for stick an ball, move them over there and don't forget to take the Boomer gerb.

Unfortunately NBC only has the rights to two "stick and ball" sports. Golf and baseball are the only sports that they air that use sticks.

But what I really think is that we need them calling the Kentucky Derby too. If we moved Rick Allen over there too, it might be hard for him to do a monologue about the winner in the space allotted.

Unfortunately NBC only has the rights to two "stick and ball" sports. Golf and baseball are the only sports that they air that use sticks.

But what I really think is that we need them calling the Kentucky Derby too. If we moved Rick Allen over there too, it might be hard for him to do a monologue about the winner in the space allotted.
HE ATE FROM A BALE OF HAY THIS MORNING, SWATTED FLIES WITH HIS TAIL, ALL THE THINGS A NORMAL HORSE WOULD DO… AND NOW HE’S A KENTUCKY DERBY WINNER

Imagine Rick Allen calling your favorite sports moment:

"They were down 28-3...they play near Boston, which was bombed just a couple of years ago ... they have overcome adversity through aggressive gameplay ... they play in Foxborough, Massachusetts, which has almost 19,000 people ... and James White will send all of New England to their feet as he runs it into the end zone! The Patriots defeat the Falcons to win Super Bowl 51!"

Back
Top Bottom