Kurt Busch Will Not Return to SHR in 2019

I hope he can land a quality ride. Not many of those available though. That cat can still wheel a hot rod. Maybe an Indy ride? For the 500 anyway?

Gene Haas is a hack. Tony Stewart needs to grow a pair and stand up to Gene. Enough said.

The Haas giveth, and the Haas taketh...

Suarez to the 41 would be an interesting storyline for 2019.

If Kurt ends up in the #1 Chevy like is believed...will Ford want thier GT back?

Hah! That's a good one. Ya know, I was thinking when Kurt went to Furniture Row, he elevated that bunch. I will always believe the biggest benefactor from Kurts tenure at FRR is Martin Truex Jr. Kurt made them a better team. If he goes to the #1, I hope he can do the same there also. I think he has a few really good years left. I hope he gets that ride. Just my opinion.

Kurt is probably one of the best drivers I’ve ever seen, what he did in that 04 Chase holding off an in his prime JG and ascending JJ while also battling Jr Nation and the 8 to give Roush his first Cup was beautiful. But wow has he sure raced for his fair share of teams. 97,2,22,51,78,41 and now the 1.

Hass is the only reason Kurt had that ride. Tony never was in favor and I doubt he shed a tear
about Kurt leaving. He has been in negotiations with Squares managers much of this season.
images

I see so many parallels to Kurts career comparing it to Bobby Allison and Rusty Wallace. Short track masters, the connection with Penske. Always in the second fiddle category. Allison to Petty, Rusty to Earnhardt, Kurt to JJ. However, JJ had more competition in his era. All three were legendary hot heads, and fierce competitors. All won one title, should have won more. All three were and still are racers to their very core. Just my two cents.

It's a step down to move to Ganassi but oh well guess it beats the days of being in the 51.

Good deal. I suppose the delay in announcing was the usual 'Monster BS".

kinda surprised they are saying this is kurt's last season. I am not a huge kurt guy in fact sometimes I have really disliked him. BUT I am very happy to see this deal shape itself up. I also will miss him being on the track. I think monster deserves some credit here, I hope it works out for kurt as well.

Kurt's comments make it sound like this being a very positive move. Sounds like he didn't get along with the person in charge of Gene's ride. Sounds like that person wanted his own son in that ride.

So did Jamie decline their offer to drive in the Daytona 500 in a third car for CGR?

Also, very happy for Kurt, and very nice hot rod he's got there.

I'm also reading this may well be his last year. I hope not. He's a guy that will still drive the wheels off a hot rod. Perhaps, a win or two would keep him around a little longer. I hope he does well. Plus, add to it, he's starting with a new team (for him), that always seems to light a little extra fire under a driver. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom