Kurt to leave SHR 2019

And you're consistently ignoring my point that championship threats evolve as the season goes on. Surely we don't see the top 3 going anywhere, but there is the potential for a few others to join them. To add substance to this point, would you rather be consistent over 10 races, 26, or 36? 36 is probably the easiest route, but 10 can get it done too. Ask Tony Stewart.
Tony wasn’t racing under this current disturbing format.

Tony wasn’t racing under this current disturbing format.

That's your own subjective opinion, as is the idea of 'consistency' winning championships. It's been proven to be successful, but it's not the only way to do it. And coincidentally if there has ever been a format that doesn't require consistency, it's this one.

For such a stout driver, Kurt tends to move a lot.

If these reports are true than Kurt struck gold. Going from elite team to elite team is what every driver wants to do if given the opportunity.

McMurray had a brilliant 2010 season and that was about it for him.

Oh, interesting thought. Would love to see him back at Indy. Otherwise, it is hard to follow the logic of such a lateral-at-best move for Busch. If it gets signed, maybe Ganassi is willing to offer a bit more security with a 2-3 year deal.
I was wondering how much Kurt had to give up last year for his 2018 ride at SHR. Memory serves, Tony wasn't to happy when he was hired. It is probable that Kurt and Chip talked back then and this news is the final step for Kurt to exit SHR. Kurt fits Chip's style better as he can run multiple cars for Ganassi's organization.

McMurray isn’t at Kurt’s level but Kurt leaving SHR is not a step upward.
...and, No. Kurt isn’t on the same level as the big three, no matter what.

Kurt is on par with his brother IMHO. Kurt and Clint have been the "best of the rest" all season.

Kurt since 2013 at FRR has consistently been one of the best of the best in the field. He may not won as much, but his consistency is seriously elite.

Consistency is what wins at the current level of competition.
Three teams are consistently at the top.
Consistency means nothing in this format, one win and in the playoffs. Then make it through the carnage of the playoffs and once you get to the Homestead Bowl in Miami, anything can happen. I’d say Kurt has a punchers chance of making it to the Final Four. It’s all about the luck in the NASCAR Playoffs. We saw this in 2015 with Jeff Gordon, the season he was having he had zero business being in the Championship Four. But boom win at Martinsville and there you go.

Consistency means nothing in this format, one win and in the playoffs. Then make it through the carnage of the playoffs and once you get to the Homestead Bowl in Miami, anything can happen. I’d say Kurt has a punchers chance of making it to the Final Four. It’s all about the luck in the NASCAR Playoffs.
I was talking about winning races. Three teams have one the majority of race this year.
I don’t watch playoffs, final four, Homestead, etc.
I don’t care who wins a silly formatted championship.

Kurt is on par with his brother IMHO. Kurt and Clint have been the "best of the rest" all season.

Kurt since 2013 at FRR has consistently been one of the best of the best in the field. He may not won as much, but his consistency is seriously elite.
I disagree
Do a racing reference driver comparison between Kurt and Kyle.

I was talking about winning races. Three teams have one the majority of race this year.
I agree with you there it’s a silly championship. But in the format they race in he’s gotta win one to get in and then win Miami. Or he could point his way in then win Miami. Or not even win a race. I wouldn’t totally dismiss him is what I would say.

Ignoring statistics doesn’t validate your opinion.

Why because Kyle participated in every other truck and xfinity event at one point?

Nah, I'm not ignoring stats, but with Kurt damn near losing his mind at one point and struggled with Penske a bit. That last year with Penske and in the 51 car are years I'd know he'd like to forget.

Yet, I think Kurt became a better driver because with Pheonix Racing. He did a great job with that team, that really caught my attention to show just how good of a driver Kurt is.

Why because Kyle participated in every other truck and xfinity event at one point?

Nah, I'm not ignoring stats, but with Kurt damn near losing his mind at one point and struggled with Penske a bit. That last year with Penske and in the 51 car are years I'd know he'd like to forget.

Yet, I think Kurt became a better driver because with Pheonix Racing. He did a great job with that team, that really caught my attention to show just how good of a driver Kurt is.
I was referring to Cup only, no Truck or Xfin.

Bummer if true. SHR is an elite team, Ganassi is a step down for Kurt. Then again I was thrilled when he went from the 78 to the 41 and in hindsight he'd have been better off staying at Furniture Row.

Ignoring statistics doesn’t validate your opinion.
They can only be compared to being equally ignorant. Kurt has moved on and let Kyle be the champion in that department.
Had Kurt stayed in top equipment all his career, I think their careers would have mirrored each other.

I was referring to Cup only, no Truck or Xfin.

Speculation.

There's also the aspect of all those Xfinity and Truck races giving help to Kyle on Sundays though. Especially when the cars drove similar. Even Kyle has admitted many times that he runs those races so he can be better on Sunday. Kurt completely skipped the Xfinity series and very rarely has run in the lower series. Stats don't tell the whole story sometimes.

You can make an argument that Kyle is better based on stats alone, and that's fine. But to say that Kurt is less talented than Kyle is blasphemous.

There's also the aspect of all those Xfinity and Truck races giving help to Kyle on Sundays though. Especially when the cars drove similar. Even Kyle has admitted many times that he runs those races so he can be better on Sunday. Kurt completely skipped the Xfinity series and very rarely has run in the lower series. Stats don't tell the whole story sometimes.

You can make an argument that Kyle is better based on stats alone, and that's fine. But to say that Kurt is less talented than Kyle is blasphemous.
No.

So about Kyle’s championship...?

I'm not sure Ganassi is that much worse of a ride than SHR if the Chevy's can get their stuff together. Kurt isn't on the same level as Kyle at winning races, but he's still showing a lot of consistency.

What about it? Are you saying Kurt could’ve come back from a devastating injury and win seven races in the same year?
No.

The "fans'" reaction to Kyle's championship illustrates the place NASCAR is in. That story is destined for stuff like ESPN 30 for 30 or whatever. An epic sports comeback, yet for the most part, "fans" sit around, and try to discredit the accomplishment. Boggles my mind. For what it is worth, KB gets what those fans are getting at, and doesn't even try to defend his Championship's legitimacy. He knows what he did, and so do those that matter.

Composure and mental control or maturity is part of the skill set.
And Kurt has had some dumb moments that limited his otherwise natural talent.
When Kurt won the title the sky was the limit. He was so freaking good everywhere. I agree in raw skills a young Kurt was was as good as a young Kyle.

Too bad all that unraveled with the tantrums, and he put himself in the James Finch ride.
He seems to have improved over the last few years and is much better at managing those flare ups. But the flashes of brilliance have dulled as well.

They can only be compared to being equally ignorant. Kurt has moved on and let Kyle be the champion in that department.
Had Kurt stayed in top equipment all his career, I think their careers would have mirrored each other.

Kurt didn't let, getting beat is simply not doing the job.
He wouldn't have been snapping or loosing his **** if he didn't give a damn about the results.

Composure and mental control or maturity is part of the skill set.
And Kurt has had some dumb moments that limited his otherwise natural talent.
When Kurt won the title the sky was the limit. He was so freaking good everywhere. I agree in raw skills a young Kurt was was as good as a young Kyle.

Too bad all that unraveled with the tantrums, and he put himself in the James Finch ride.
He seems to have improved over the last few years and is much better at managing those flare ups. But the flashes of brilliance have dulled as well.

It was the humbling experience he needed though, I see as the moment where Kurt needed to get his **** in order. Being with Finch and then an upstart FRR is something he needed.

The "fans'" reaction to Kyle's championship illustrates the place NASCAR is in. That story is destined for stuff like ESPN 30 for 30 or whatever. An epic sports comeback, yet for the most part, "fans" sit around, and try to discredit the accomplishment. Boggles my mind. For what it is worth, KB gets what those fans are getting at, and doesn't even try to defend his Championship's legitimacy. He knows what he did, and so do those that matter.

Wanting a champions work to represent a full season means something to me. I respect Kyle for being argubly the current best driver. That doesn't mean that I care much for the current BS system, and most definitely not for the BS waivers.

SMH at the peeps saying Kurt Busch would be crazy to hook up with Ganassi... without having any clue what Stewart-Haas is offering (if anything), and also not knowing what Ganassi might be offering. Guys, we just don't have enough information to judge that possible move.

We do have a hint from Gene Haas that SHR is thinking of one year only *if* an offer is extended to Kurt. What would YOU do if Ganassi was offering 2 or 3 years, and maybe much better financial terms as well?

Personally, I doubt that IndyCar or sports cars will be much of a factor... JMO.

It was the humbling experience he needed though, I see as the moment where Kurt needed to get his sh!t in order. Being with Finch and then an upstart FRR is something he needed.
I think Kurt is still Kurt. His on-camera PR persona has improved but I think he’s still in there somewhere.

Wanting a champions work to represent a full season means something to me. I respect Kyle for being argubly the current best driver. That doesn't mean that I care much for the current BS system, and most definitely not for the BS waivers.

It was a full season. He just missed a part of it. That argument doesn't work....in any sport. Again, caught up in BS, and missing a potential signature accomplishment that could have transcended stick and ball. We all know that if a different driver---maybe announcing right now, or the most recent winner at The Glen does this, and they would have a national holiday. NASCAR Nation is its own worst enemy.

It was a full season. He just missed a part of it. That argument doesn't work....in any sport. Again, caught up in BS, and missing a potential signature accomplishment that could have transcended stick and ball. We all know that if a different driver---maybe announcing right now, or the most recent winner at The Glen does this, and they would have a national holiday. NASCAR Nation is its own worst enemy.

Has nothing to do with, who won at the Glenn last week. There are numerous things about the elimination BS that is crazy, and there is nothing ambiguous about my criticism. He didn't participate for the entire season.
That wasn't his fault, life especially racing is not fair. He also put together a great season for the ages that should always command respect.
I still think that it it took a degradation of the points system to allow him to be awarded the championship.

Has nothing to do with, who won at the Glenn last week. There are numerous things about the elimination BS that is crazy, and there is nothing ambiguous about my criticism. He didn't participate for the entire season.
That wasn't his fault, life especially racing is not fair. He also put together a great season for the ages that should always command respect.
I still think that it it took a degradation of the points system to allow him to be awarded the championship.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom