Kyle Busch had a ride for Indianapolis 500 but wasn’t allowed to do it

I'd like to see him try it. But running the double these days is more difficult because the race is run an hour later than in the past making logistics a problem. Plus owners and sponsors have a say; an owner doesn't want to risk injury to their driver and Toyota doesn't want one of their drivers running a Honda.

I like it when drivers try other forms of motorsport. In the past, drivers drove anything they could to earn a living. But these days drivers are paid much better and those who pay driver salaries don't want to risk their investment. Drivers have to negotiate their contracts to include running other series (or work for an owner that runs in other series)

Just saw his interview on TV. He said LAST YEAR he had it all ready and his boss said no.

Alonso was in this years.

I do remember Alonso coming over for the 500. I just get years mixed up. At any rate Busch said last year he was set up to do it and was told no. I can't figure out why everyone is talking about this now. What was the question he answered??

I do remember Alonso coming over for the 500. I just get years mixed up. At any rate Busch said last year he was set up to do it and was told no. I can't figure out why everyone is talking about this now. What was the question he answered??
Well off the fact he said he's glad it didn't was because of Alonso, I'm guessing the deal might have came together last year for this years.

Did you have a ride set up for this years I500?
pound.gif
rofl.gif

Actually I missed the Q

They ran out of other stuff to bash Busch over

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom